View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #24
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Well I thought I'd PM, but someone doesn't like to be contacted so here it is...

BDYMAN, this one's for you

I am clueless about this. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my car and I know damn well when to let a professional do the work. This is one of those times unfortunately. Yeah, I'm sure I could get the kit on there, but it would never look like it should and that would be a waste of money and time.

That said...

This is a Razzi kit Plus the GAGT door stick on moldings as well as the GAGT fender moldings that will need to be molded smoothly onto the Razzi skirts somehow. I'm sure you know how. Also, I'd like the lips bolted on from behind if possible. I met with a body guy that specializes in full restoration today that suggested using "toilet bolts" on the back side of the top of each lip kit spaced every 4 inches and drilling into the original bumper and bolting on from behind. He called this "body welding". Is that something you have done or would recommend? I just don't want to get bumped in a parking lot and have the kit shift or have the seam come unseated because of some idiot.

Also, what price range are we looking at? I'd love to have a member of the community do the work if possible. You know, keep all the cash "in the family" so to speak.

I got quotes today and one was $1500 to install and fit the kit plus paint the kit, front and rear bumpers, hood and up to the bottom of the window trim for $1500. No, it wasn't Maaco. It was a legit shop that does a lot of this kind of thing.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote