View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #86
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
the problem with driving that fast is not neccesarily the physical attributes of the car but the unknowns of everything else. You say you are a great driver. What do you do when a racoon runs out in front of you? At 100+ MPH you get less than a sec; jerking the wheel will roll the car, there is no way in hell you are stopping in time, hit the little bastard at what damage to your car, keep in mind little things do big damage at speed. Well one dead coon, no biggie, you come around a shallow curve and holy poop someone is running across the hwy to their stalled car, now you have ~1 sec to decide and have no idea what they will do. btw braking distance is exponentially longer at higher speeds. I'm no angel. I've hit my speed gov. a few times. but only in the middle of NE, with a view for miles, and still admit it was not the smartest thing to do; I jacked up my front end on a piece of tumbleweed, yes tumbleweed fugged by bumper and grill inserts.

I'm currentely working on getting a racing license. You may think you are a great driver but even if you have been through those situations there is still room for error. The more you "learn" about your car and what it can do, the more you will realize you need to learn and that it should not be done on public roads.

Speed all you want. If you maim, kill, or other wise harm anyone I care for cause "it was a rush", I'm going old school on you and repaying in kind to your whole family.