View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Rattling/Knocking With Sustained Right Turns

As the title says: when I am making sustained right turns, always on off ramps that do the full loop, I get a knocking/rattling noise. I am usually turning at 25 mph+ when making these sustained turns. I do not hear anything on street turns.

I originally thought it was the strut tower braces, but I have pulled those out and it still happens. The speed tells me the inertia is pushing something but I do not know what has changed. I have had the CAI and headers with no problems and I know for certain it started after originally installing the strut braces...it is somewhere at the front of the car.

Note: Someone recommended that lifting the car when putting the tower braces helps get a better stability. Bad idea. If the wheel is off the ground and those bolts are removed the whole damn wheel drops.

Any ideas on common knocking during high speed turns?