View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Speed is a funny thing on most forums. Don't ever post "where" and you might be ok. Less info is better in this circumstance. Aleromod has kept its boards very clean about talk like this since its inception many years ago. Oh, Hamilton Airport, yes a landing strip for 747's, 4 years ago I hit 155mph or 250kph using a GPS tracker. There was more there but ran out of runway. I also spent almost 60,000 dollars total on my car to make it do that. Nothing on that car was untouched if you get what I'm saying. Unless you've built the car for it, don't go any faster until you make some serious mods and wear a dam helmet! It will save your life if you have a chance of surviving a crash! Without a helmet, its a guaranteed game over move at those speeds.
Just to give you an idea, at 155mph you are covering 229 feet per second! To go even further it takes you 200 milliseconds to blink on average... that means at 155mph I was covering 45.5 feet in the time it takes to blink! Maybe if people could wrap their heads around just how fast they are going at these kinds of speeds, they would think a little harder about it, before going to meet the big guy upstairs....