Thread: Gas Fumes
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I spoke to soon. I will be revisiting the possibility of the filler hose being bad because I got more whiffs of gas fumes when making a 90 degree left turn today. Oddly though, the other time this has happened I was able to get out of the car almost immediately and I smelled gas coming from the engine compartment. Being out in public though, I didn't get to open the hood to see anything.

Such an odd thing. No leaks anywhere, the mechanics said they couldn't find any residue that would indicate a leak...totally stumped.

Update: filled the tank up and after using half a tank with the new cap I pulled 29 mpg rather than the normal 28 max. After filling her I went and drove some quick circles since turning seems to precipitate the fumes but I smelled nothing after that. Nothing in the interior, nothing from the engine except hot metal...

Can you just simply get some fumes from idling a bit, then accelerating?

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 12-24-2010 at 11:01 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote