View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
alright, I need intel.

What safety requirements are needed for Firebird? All I have right now is a DOT/Snell rated helmet.

Down here at SIR they require me to have a helmet, fire-resistant jacket, and external battery cutoff switch (dont have either of the last two yet) because of having an aftermarket turbo setup

*EDIT
NM, found what I needed:

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/06web...reetdrags.html

(this one is gonna suck next year
· All vehicles running 11.99 or faster must have a roll cage

Clothing requirements:
In the interests of fire safety, drivers & passengers of each vehicle that goes down the drag strip must wear:

As of January 1, 2006 all helmets must have a Snell 95, Snell 2000, or Snell 2005 rating.
As of February 1, 2006 all vehicles with an aftermarket power adder, (nitrous, turbocharger, or supercharger) will be required to wear an SFI approved fire jacket

6. Vehicles with batteries that are relocated from the stock location must have an external master cutoff switch on the outside rearmost portion of the vehicle. This switch must kill ALL electrical functions including the engine. The OFF position of this switch must be labeled for our safety crew. (There are additional requirements for relocated batteries. Please, before you relocate your battery, see our Tech Crew or the NHRA Rulebook for guidance.)

10. Helmets: Drivers of all vehicles running 13.99 or quicker, and ALL convertibles regardless of E.T., must wear an SFI-approved helmet with a Snell rating of 95 or newer. Passengers in convertibles running 14.00 and slower must also wear an approved helmet. (Note: DOT-only helmets are not permitted. SFI-approved helmets are not permitted if the Snell label inside the helmet is missing or illegible. In other words, a Snell-rating on the outside of the helmet is not good enough.)

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote