View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #72
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Just got mine in...the rear was a pain in the balls.

I have the 3.4, did you ever figure out how to get more alternator clearance graham? I have about a half to 3/4 inch right now but the bar still can move up and down a little bit.

yeah... I loosened the two big nuts on the bar and then loosened the pinch bolts that hold the bar to the brackts. Grabbed the bar and pulled it just as far away from the alternator as i possibly could. While pulling i tightened the two big nuts first, then the pinch bolts. Still dont have much clearence but im no longer hitting it. If u can put ur car in reverse with the brakes on hard, then load the engine up. If u dont get a rubbing/viberating noise then ur good to go.