View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Wikid01GLS
GX Member

Wikid01GLS is on a distinguished road
Bogs down uphill

Maybe someone to can help me here...

2001 alero 3400 auto trans

2 weeks ago after getting gas i notice about a mile down the road the car was lacking power. If you step on the gas it almost feels like the car is out gas and barely moves. I put seafoam and premium gas in it with the same outcome.

This weekend a buddy of mine came over with a cat tester and a tech2 scanner to help me diagnose this issue.

The cat pressure is 3-4 where it should be, i changed the fuel filter as it was pretty clogged. Changed the top o2, coils, icm and cleaned the maf. I took a gas sample and theres visually nothing wrong with the gas. We checked the fuel pressure at idle.. it was 50 + or - 1 then held my foot on the brake, put it in drive and mashed the pedal, fuel pressure was between 55 and 60.

Im kinda lost here as to what this could be since i checked the most obvious things.

I will add my water pump is making a bit of noise... can the knock sensor be picking that up and retarding the timing????

Maybe the fuel pump is shitting out during closed loop???(seems the car is fine in open loop)

HELP!!!!
Wikid01GLS is offline   Reply With Quote