View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
keri_anne78
GX Member

keri_anne78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
super white alero...where did you get those specs on fuel pressure? the info I have says "With the ignition switch "ON" and the fuel pump "RUNNING", the fuel pressure indicated by the fuel pressure gage should be 284-325 kPa (41-47 psi)." You're right about the compression, shouldn't be lower than 100 psi.

keri_anne, when you changed the plugs, did #2 plug look any different from the rest? You can check spark at the plug end of the #2 wire, then check it at the coil. If you have spark at the coil but not the plug end, then you have a bad wire. Tempting as it is, don't overlook the simple things! Wouldn't be the first time a wire has gone bad in less than a year. The plug end of the wire on my Jeep recently came apart inside the rubber boot and it was less than a year old.

All in all, I second (or third) the advice so far. Good luck tracking down that problem.
Thanks much Surreal! There is spark at both ends of the wire though. I'm like you though, check the "cheap" stuff first and then move on up! Hopfully not up too far though. I've been trying to sell the car! Guess I can't sell it like this! Thanks again.
keri_anne78 is offline   Reply With Quote