View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 08:39 AM   #65
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Grouch@Nov 24 2004, 01:31 AM
more:

"We offer payment plans with $1K deposit" Uh....I thought it only cost $995. What's on the payment plan? Shipping? lol

"THIS HIGH FLOW 350 CFM PROTOTYPE ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER.........THIS UNIT DRAWS 255 AMPS @ 24V (5000 WATTS)....YOU WILL GAIN 20-35 HP"
According to the article at 60DegreeV6 I posted up eariler your going to need 745.70-watts to make 1-hp. So with "5000 WATTS" here I get 6.7-hp, not 20-35. Dunno maybe I'm missing something here.

This sc is a roots type charger, when it's not engaged which will be a majority of the time, do the rotors just sit there creating a major restriction in your intake?
ok, they have several different systems. from $ 995-2000+. ranging from eaton blowers to centrifugal design.... the down payment starts at 500 and increases in 500$ increments, the price at the time of your downpayment stays the same, even if the price of the unit goes up afterwards.

you're right, your numbers are correct. the electrical system draw is 6.7 hp. and the motors that run the charger put out 6.7hp to spool it up. i just dont see how you think this directly relates to car engine output?? maybe you were under the impression that the electrical system draw is going to equal the amount of boost you get from it? doesnt make sense to me.

when the blower isnt engaged it's completely bypassed, i dont know/understand the plumbing completely but the filter on top is kinda like WAI when the s/c isnt engaged.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote