View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #67
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
wouldn't a 12v alternator have problems charging 24v batteries? i guess he includes a transformer.....

also, are the prices of those batteries included in his "995-2000"? probably not, the price just went up another 800 or so. so now your all said and done, for $2000 at least, +220 for a H.O. alternator(thats only 160amps btw)....and what else do you need to install it?

and like someone said, how long will those 3 motors last? guess it depends on how often you use them. but i see ramming huge amounts of air down the intake with the push of a button a problem...

id go with intake, exhaust, headers, underdrive pulley, dhp for right around $1400, that will put you in the mid to high 14's. and about the most hp you want to use for our engine/trans setup, but its constant relieable power. dont have to worry about to much or not enough gas, blowing some crap up. and if thats still not enough power, cams will becoming out eventually, pretty soon actually, get some heads, cams, tb, and you should see a pretty low 14 to a mid 14.

plus, all that weight in the trunk? my ass end already sits lower than the front, i guess the front stays the same, - the battery + the charger.

the alero isn't a "drag racer" car, thats one of the oddest things ive heard in a while, ya i want to give mine some more grunt, but if i wanted a drag racer there are plenty of cars for the same price that are alot faster, like a early style f-body...not trying to change the subject.

1 thing too...you guys are saying, ok, after a 15 second burst, it takes 2.5 minutes. 1, you cant use these things from a dead stop i wouldn't think, you'll blow some crap up. so you hit it at say 30mph, it wouldn't take 10 seconds to hit your limiter, so you have 5seconds of boost while your doing 110+ (if your chipped) so you cant really go any faster, but the system is charging.