View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #43
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So the car still gets a little warmer than I want. With the radiator I have, it should never go above thermostat temp. Well, it should float right around 180. It gets up to 198+ which means there's something going on. Could be thermostat stuck partially open, as I initially thought, but the water pump is leaking coolant. It always has ever since install, just a little bit. Leaks more lately. The weep hole has oil leaking out of it, too. So looks like it's time to do the water pump and do a good job sealing it to the block. The turbo manifold is so close to it, it's going to be very difficult. Gonna suck.

I ordered Mishimoto constant tension spring loaded high torque clamps that I will be installing on all lower hose connections, because it seems like a good idea.

I also ordered a new one of those weird squished pipe assemblies that connects the thermostat to the radiator hose, because I realized #1 mine is rusty as shit and #2 it's the same pipe I had on my 253,000 mi red Alero so it's got like 300,000 miles on it by now. So, I'm replacing the thermostat with a GM one, new metal pipe, all new clamps, also have a new lower rubber hose that will be cut up to fit with the custom aluminum extender pipe.

--

Today I replaced a coupler that was nearly cut through by vibrating against a metal edge, and I added a thick silicone cushion around the metal hole so it should protect it from now on. I also noticed that vibration from my throttle cable has worn/coated my charge pipe with a rusty brown splotch, so I added a rubber tube around that area to cushion it as well.

Also, I noticed my ABS/main brake distribution thing is just kinda... resting on my lower hose. Doesn't seem to be attached to anything aside from the brake lines. That's not good lol. Going to have fabricator do something temporarily until I get a new ABS system installed and all new brake lines.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote