View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
What material are your engine and trans mounts? Poly ones could help here. Also the control arm bushings can be upgraded to poly to reduce some of the flex under acceleration.

Well, you want to pay attention to your RPM you're landing in the next gear. If you're shifting at 5800 in first to second, you're ending up at around 3000 after the shift? Not necessarily that bad, peak torque is around 4000 RPM.

Its about 3000 or so after shifting around there i think? Cant rember (just woke up literally 2 min ago) i can verify later for sure.

Engine and trans mounts from my understanding, are a better material (stiffer) then poly bushings. Yeah i was reading last night that poly pushings can help on wheel hop. A slick could really help as well. But i cant find a slick in 17" that will fit. So i have to stick with a DR tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroGLS View Post
Hey my reaction times were bad cause i was nervous cause they kept lining me up against fast cars lol. I asked about using my pcm.cause i have 2 of them. The factory stock pcm and the one from mpracing.

Dont be nervous, who cares about the big guys. Worry about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
He is shifting maybe a tad high. Stock cam, I'd shift maybe 5500-5600, as the power peak is around 5100. Better tires will help.

Going home last night i did a few pulls on country roads (alone) shifting at 5500, ill have to try that at the track.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote