View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleros_eat_rice View Post
I see what you did. Took a top mount and made it a side mount.

Is that bottom line for everything directly related to the charger? I know other things must be done, but is the $2500 the ball park to get the charger and mounts? If that's the case, that isn't so bad.

No, it's not a top-mount in particular, it's considered a universal style that can be used in various positions.

There are different drive configurations. The one used on top of a V6 or V8 normally uses a one-piece drive. The one I have uses a two-piece drive with a custom length driveshaft.

You give Magnuson the specifications you want, and they custom build each one: overall length of unit, type and diameter of pulley, location of bypass actuator, color of powdercoat finish (silver is standard).

Then their builder gets back to you with an estimate via the sales rep, usually a week or more later depending on workload.

Mine was less than $2000 shipped about two years ago. About $300.00 for raw castings counting machining work on them. Then the mountings leave a lot of room for creativity. A place like WOT-Tech or MMS could install this, I expect they would charge at least $700.00. Not that they would want to, just sayin' they could, lol