View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Not saying some of your points aren't valid, but on either side it takes a lot of assumptions...I know my car was poorly maintained for the 134k before i got it, it has been ran hard its entire life, but it still runs rather well at 179500, with only parts replaced being timing and balance assemblies (balance was fine but spending an extra 1-200 while it was apart was worth it to me), and a temp sensor...I have seen perfectly maintained vehicles with a lot lower mileage and easier use that operate way worse...there is a certain point where it just comes down to luck, there are those people who can religiously maintain a car, and never run it hard to have it die by 100k miles, and those who beat the crap out of their vehicles never doing maintenance (this is not me, I make sure to keep up with oil, etc.) and have it run 200k plus...I heard a story a little bit back about someone who's sister bought a ford festiva new and took it in at almost 100k miles because it wasn't running right, it's problem was it had never had an oil change, they changed the oil and kept up with it and she drove it to over 200k miles before she sold it with it still running fine...All you can do is your best trying to keep it on the road, and whatever happens happens, there is no one hundred percent controlling what happens

EDIT: ( there is a possibility that my car has around 10k more miles than the odometer reads, at one point he told me that a rodent chewed the wiring harness disabling the odometer for a bit until the harness was replaced, I have asked him about it since then and he has denied it, so who really knows)

Last edited by 03glgold : 04-22-2014 at 08:22 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote