View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone for the support and motivation. I'm doing this more for putting Alero's on the map with the big-dogs hopefully. It's going to take alot more work to get it there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battistoni21 View Post
what would be your estimate runs?
No idea yet, but VE calculations at various boost levels indicate that 12psi should result in over 400hp at the crank, and the final target of 22psi should net over 600hp at the crank (after full 4t65 build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Is the 4t45e still in it or do you have the 65 on it already? And if its still the 45 how is it holding up and how long do you think it will hold?
I still have the stock 4t45 in it, but it should hold better than some of the older ones since GM made upgrades to the internals from '03 on. I had made arrangements to purchase a built 4t45, but decided against wasting money when the final goal is a ZZP 4t65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mptress View Post
So when are you going to let me take it for a test drive?
Just call for an appointment, and I'll set the time aside when you get here

All seriousness, I'm not going to push beyond 8psi on this stock tranny without further research. 4t45e is known for having a weak 2nd, and I believe that has to do with line pressures on that shift.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote