Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
stport68
GX Member

stport68 is on a distinguished road
Hi from eugene , ore.

New to forum have a 2000 Alero 2dr. 3.4 Auto, with 4wdb ,abs ,trac,. First off I have checked the resistance and mVAC on the wheel hubs and all was good.

The problem is a few things....

1. When driving the car and coming to a stop or trying to slow down it starts to break fine then all of a sudden I lose all breaks and the break pedal pulsates and vibrates. It has almost cause I wreak for my wife so I told here not to drive it any more until I figure it out. the fluid is good and I put it up in the air and ran the car in the air. The drivers side would turn just fine but the pass acted like it was dragging until I opened up the caliper to let it turn. The driver side rotor looks brand new as does the pads, the pass. side rotor is wore down beyond being able to be turned, and the inner pad is metal to metal and the outer pad has 50% pad left. When I do press on the break, still up in the air, I do not get metal to metal grinding like I should with the pass side. and the drivers side looks like it is not operating properly. This is the major problem with the car and the more important thing I need help with.

2. the rear window defrost does not work, it just stop working one day no clue as to why.

3. Last thing is that the car is for sale I would just like to get these items fixed before anyone buys it or if some one is interested in it from here let me know $2k

Any help would be nice so my wife can drive the car again thanks to all
stport68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Ill be honest I'm not reading all that but first off welcome to the site... abs problems are pretty easy to fix as few things are actually involved. Check fluid levels first.. you may have a small leak letting air in causing the spongey/flat feel.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Ill be honest I'm not reading all that but first off welcome to the site... abs problems are pretty easy to fix as few things are actually involved. Check fluid levels first.. you may have a small leak letting air in causing the spongey/flat feel.

Welcome as well!
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
First off, welcome to the site!

Okay, now for your problem, have you checked the caliper slides to make sure they are greased and not seized? This can cause uneven wear on the pads and the side with the issue to wear when the others don't. What happens is the caliper needs to move freely on the slides to bring the outer pad in contact with the rotor, as the piston presses the inner pad in. From the way you explain it this seems to be your problem.

As for the spongyness, could be air in the lines, but if you don't have a leak, or haven't done any work, there should be no reason for this.

You could also have a bad passenger side caliper. It's possible this could be the cause of it not releasing and vibrating. Did you drive it after you released the caliper? If so, how did it act then?

With the amount of wear you have on you brakes your fluid level should be low. As the pads wear down the piston needs to be out further and requires more fluid in the lines, in return appearing as low brake fluid.

Have you checked your fuses for the defrost? If fuses are okay, check for a broken wire connection going to the element in the back window.

BTW, try a little better on your grammar, it was a little hard to read.

Hope this helps, report back if you find out something more, have any more questions, or if you solve the problem.

Good luck
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PONTIACGA View Post
BTW, try a little better on your grammar

Bahaha