Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
AXLE
GX Member

AXLE is on a distinguished road
Fuel rail leak

Re-installed fuel inlet and outlet to and from the fuel rail. 2001 v6. The one on the fuel pressure regulator doesn't leak, I think. But gas pours out from between the steel fuel pipe and the fitting on the other one. This one was a bitch to pull out.
Is there a seal or o ring that is missing? What am I doing wrong?
AXLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLE View Post
Re-installed fuel inlet and outlet to and from the fuel rail. 2001 v6. The one on the fuel pressure regulator doesn't leak, I think. But gas pours out from between the steel fuel pipe and the fitting on the other one. This one was a bitch to pull out.
Is there a seal or o ring that is missing? What am I doing wrong?

O ring... that's why you have a leak
Old 01-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup. Go to the parts store and get a multi piece kit of fuel safe o rings, there should be one in there that fits.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Yeah its the o ring. It either falls out when you pull the line out and gets lost or it doesn't seat right. I always put a little oil on the o ring before I install the inlet line.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
this happened to me when reconnecting the fuel rail after my head gasket job. just hope that the o-ring didnt come off inside the actual rail because there is a chance it will clog the injector(s)

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
AXLE
GX Member

Thanx guys . Gr1m, I looked inside, don't see any FOD. Going to auto parts store now.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Thats why its easier to pull the fuel rail W/injectors OFF the car. Then you only need the injector O Rings, not the entire kit.

W/ o-rings WD40 is your friend.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
AXLE
GX Member

I don't see why that's easier, but OK.
The O-ring assortment I got in the "help" aisle didn't do the trick, so I'll go to a dealer tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #9
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
eh i bought a felpro kit that had everything from head gaskets to injector o-rings, it was kind of pricey though

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
AXLE
GX Member

Got the exact o-ring from the dealer. $20.10 with tax. Works perfect tho. Thanx.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I am also wondering if there are any O rings on the fuel injector rails where the fuel lines conntec to the rails. I did not see any.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
eh i bought a felpro kit that had everything from head gaskets to injector o-rings, it was kind of pricey though
ya it I bought the same kit it was like 150 bucks.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Is there supposed to be an O ring there in the rail end by the white circled end?

I don't see one on mine. I don't think that there is one stuck inside my fuel rail either, or I'm just not seeing it. In the above pic it looks like there is a brown O ring there.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
AXLE
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Is there supposed to be an O ring there in the rail end by the white circled end?

I don't see one on mine. I don't think that there is one stuck inside my fuel rail either, or I'm just not seeing it. In the above pic it looks like there is a brown O ring there.

Yes, that brown o-ring is the one I lost and got new from the dealer.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
zzyzzx
GLS member

How do I know that it's not already stuck in the fuel rail? At least now I know to look for something brown, but still. And I don't remember ever seeing it pop off. But at least now I know what to look for.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
AXLE
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
How do I know that it's not already stuck in the fuel rail? At least now I know to look for something brown, but still. And I don't remember ever seeing it pop off. But at least now I know what to look for.

I didn't see mine pop off either, and I looked all over for it. If you can't easily see it in the fuel rail, it isn't there.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
So weird this happened to me, too the other day!!! I read this thread when I left the shop before I started it up and I was like... uh oh. Sure enough, fuel everywhere from the same spot. I just used a fuel safe o-ring and it sealed up good.

Where do those damn things go when they come apart?!?!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #18
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
The brown oring on the inlet line is the one I was telling you about. On the return line the o ring should be in the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator, make sure its there before you put it back together.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
Where do those damn things go when they come apart?!?!

I don't know. I'm inclined to think that mine is either still in the fuel rail or it was never there in the first place and not leaking for reasons which I can not determine.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
zzyzzx
GLS member

I found it!!!!! I looked under the car and there it was. It's just a little brown O ring, and was in good condition too. Saved me a trip to the dealer when they are probably closed too.