Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-30-2004, 02:50 AM   #1
jordan
GX Member

jordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

On my Alero coupe I've replaced the door water deflector that is under the door pannel on the passenger side because I was getting water in the backseat floor during rain storms. The old plastic deflector sheet was buckling and old. Replacing it with a new one that came with the flexible adhesive on it from GM fixed the problem for a while and now it is happening again. I checked under the door panel and the water deflector ungluing in spots. This has happened a few times over the last year of owning the car. I can't win :o . I keep fixing this problem and it keeps coming back after a while. Today it rained and I noticed a pool of water starting to form on the passenger side back seat floor.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem before and if they came up with a better idea? I'm thinking this is going to be an ongoing problem but the thing is no one else i know with an Alero has this problem.

PS: My situation is Condition #1 under water leak diagnostic.

This problem will not stay fixed . any help appreciated.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:54 AM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
never heard of this before, i'll look into it and let you know what i find.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:09 AM   #3
jordan
GX Member

:thumbsup: thanks alot.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
bigd6983

take it back to them, every time it keeps messing up its there problem and will be fixed for you for free
Old 05-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
Oldsmopimp

I have the exact same prollem. Only on both sides. I have a coupe, 01....and I noticed this hapening as early as 10,000mi. The amount of water that gets in is very little and only creates a small damp spot on the floor. I just pull the mat out and let it air dry. It does piss me off, but Ive never brought it in for warrenty fix.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
jordan
GX Member

Today I was reading on an American consumer report that there is actually a countermeasure gasket the Oldsmobile was working on or came out with that is the fix for this recurring problem.
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/re...dex.cfm/id/2396

Water leak: Water leaks under the door and onto the floor due to a bad door gasket. A countermeasure gasket is being installed under warranty. (1999-2000)

Can any of you guys in the states check into this countermeasure gasket for me? Thats cause I live in Canada.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:16 PM   #7
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
^that's a pretty damn good info on the alero on that site, saved in my favorites
Old 05-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #8
99Olds

Yeah I have the same problem. Xcept it was in my passanger front. I had a inch and a half deep puddle. I'm still airing it out I dont know what to do it looks like its comming from the front under the dash somehow.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:09 PM   #9
99Olds

I just read the diagnostic of water leaks and I wan tto know how to Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 01-08-57-003. And how am I suppossed to fix water comming into my fresh air inlet. NEED HELP
Old 05-31-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
far as the door gasket or rubber seal. what i found out is the rubber has no drain holes in it. What i have done is actually popped holes in the rubber so when the water builds up in the seal it has a place to go rather than build it and come over the doorsill plate and on the floor in the backseat. Nexttime it rains hard and you have some water open the door and look at the rubber by where the long plastic panel comes up and over from the one off the rear panel. you should see a water build up there.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #11
jordan
GX Member

Great idea. I was thinking of something like that and yes I looked and water does build up there. So I'll poke some holes to allow water to drain. But I still need to fix that door problem that is allowing water to get by that vapor barrier inside that door panel.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #12
jordan
GX Member

So can anyone look into that countermeasure gasket for me at all in the United States>? Today I was reading on an American consumer report that there is actually a countermeasure gasket the Oldsmobile was working on or came out with that is the fix for this recurring problem in the United States. GM Canada doesn't know anything about it or this problem.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #13
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
I just had my door water reflector on my drivers side replaced the other day. How does water get in the door in the first place? Is the seal around the window that bad?
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #14
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm taking mine in for the same leak to get checked out tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
jraust

I'm having same problem. I didn't notice it until late winter and just thought it was from snow getting tracked in. But now it's in the back on both sides and front driver. However the problem does not exist on the passenger front?!?! :huh?:

Just as a reference my alero is an 00' with 74,000 and the problem just occured about 8K miles ago.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:44 AM   #16
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i am sorry but don`t have that prob yet
i say replace the door weather strip, and re adjust the door
i would bend the top of the frame and adjust the striker on the the c-post
water always finds the lowest spot to go to so scot`s idea works drain the water out
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:44 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
chris after you adjusted the door i was still getting water build up in hte rubber and did still get water in the car. but after draining the water i haven't had a problem (knocking on wood).
Old 06-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #18
j-work

j-work is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have that prob on my alero, but my 93 cavilier does.
j-work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #19
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
GM told me the leak which has been there since day one isn't covered under warranty, guess I shouldda brought in in sooner :huh?:
Old 01-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
Where can you purchase a new door water deflector

N/M AUTOZONE 39.95

Last edited by SittinOnChrome : 01-10-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: FOUND IT
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote