Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Got voodoo's old ASE chip in the mail today, finally got my damn car to start after it relearned the PCM or whatever.

Yep, speed limiter is definantly removed.

Got out into the sticks and found a nice little flat long stretch of road.

120 clicked by.
125 clicked by.
130 clicked by.
Started going up a hill.

Bottom of the hill I was doing 137.

That was fun, but damn these cars get LIGHT at speed. Done it once, thats probably enough for me.

Shifts are pretty firm too.

Thanks voodoo! :thumbsup:
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i got a feeling an admin is gonna lock this post <_<
Old 09-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
I don't see why, Just reporting that one of the advertised functions of an aftermarket PCM solution worked.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah but that probably should have been tested out on the track.. not where you could've easily ran into someone... or another deer cross the road and you wouldn't have been so lucky this time. this isn't any different than street racing except you weren't racing another person.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #5
flalero

higher speed rated tires and lowering you car will prevent the car from getting lighter at high speeds.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #6
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by flalero@Sep 28 2004, 07:35 PM
higher speed rated tires and lowering you car will prevent the car from getting lighter at high speeds.
Of which I've done. Could have been the road I was on too, wasn't exactly the smoothest of places.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #7
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
you're still alive? you didnt test it properly, go back and try again. :o j/k dude
Old 09-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #8
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
All i'm gonna say is my doesn't get (light) ?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #9
Final-Reality

Everybody automatically gets pissed when someone passes the speed limiter, like their car is going to explode into a ball of fire past 108mph. If somebody posted "I was on the freeway and my car is definately limited to 108mph" nobody would bat an eye. But at 109mph you're the devil :rolleyes: speeding still speeding so it's still "unsafe" or "unlawful" no matter what the speed. There isnt a whole lot of danger on a long, empty highway; and if a deer jumps out at you at 100mph you won't avoid it any more than you would going 140mph.

The new cobalt SS/SC will apparently NOT have a speed limiter because it comes with Z-rated tires, so will testing the top speed of that car also attract the same types of responses?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
misslindseysue

^ Yes, because it's stupid. I'll admit that I've tested the limiter before. Looking back, it was really dumb.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #11
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Sep 28 2004, 07:31 PM
yeah but that probably should have been tested out on the track.. not where you could've easily ran into someone... or another deer cross the road and you wouldn't have been so lucky this time. this isn't any different than street racing except you weren't racing another person.
So locking this thread will heal the world?

Shocking news, but aleromod doesn't stop street racing, and it doesn't stop me from speeding on my way to work everyday. And it doesn't stop me from buzzing the 2 dumb poops that decided they'd jay walk infront of me this morning either.

Find me a track that is long enough to get one of our cars up to 137mph and we'll talk.

Jeezus... does everyone have to try be a parent on here?

Smokin, good to here it worked. I would say "good to hear nothing went wrong" but, unlike alot of people here noticed the "once was enough comment".

Hell, I'd test that poop out too if I could find somewhere deserted enough.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:05 PM   #12
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Sep 29 2004, 11:58 AM
^ Yes, because it's stupid. I'll admit that I've tested the limiter before. Looking back, it was really dumb.
Amen. Glad someone with some common sense on here finally agrees with me. I tested mine out once to see how fast I could get it.. looking back, that was the most stupid thing I've ever done. Not to mention dangerous because you never know what could happen and in an instant, you're dead.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #13
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
this therad wont get locked because it doesnt involve street racing, its just brent saying how good the ase chip works.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #14
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Oh yea, forgot to mention. Have to use premium gas with this sucker. Which kinda sucks, but it's something I'll have to deal with for an extra 6 - 10 hp in 60 degree weather.

Once I get my exhaust done, I'll be able to take full advantage of this.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:53 PM   #15
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Sep 29 2004, 11:05 AM
Not to mention dangerous because you never know what could happen and in an instant, you're dead.
Indeed, if I were you I'd stay inside a sealed room, buried inside a mountain. You just never know when a meteor could fall from the sky and kill you. Like you said, in an instant, you're dead. :rolleyes:
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #16
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
my freakin ears!

*drives down the highway swerving with some civic at 102 mph*

*calls lawyer from jail*

"it wasn't my fault man, this freakin thread put it into my head, get those bastards!"

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #17
flalero

What's so dumb about getting your car to its limiter, or above? Just because you don't fell confident getting your car over 100 mph, doesn't mean that we all feel the same way. I have my car over 100 a couple times a week, because I live out in the middle of nowhere. I never do it when there is traffic around. So yes, there is always the chance of a deer running in front of me, but it's only my life that is in danger. Just because you have you car on a race track, doesn't mean that you are anymore safe. You are racing with many other people and there is always the possibility of wrecking and getting killed. Look at Earnhardt, he was killed by a seemingly innocent looking crash. He was surrounded by a roll cage, he was wearing a five point harness, a helmet, and was sitting in a race seat, but all of this couldn't save his life. Everything you do in a car, no matter where you do it, is dangerous.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:08 PM   #18
alerosport.com

QUOTE cutelilcntrygrl
that was the most stupid thing I've ever done

Are you sure? ^

Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #19
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Quote:
Originally posted by alerosport.com@Sep 29 2004, 06:08 PM
QUOTE cutelilcntrygrl
that was the most stupid thing I've ever done

Are you sure? ^

no actually the most stupid thing i've done is try to say what i think about something to a bunch of guys that think they know everything. anyway, there is no reasoning when it comes to this and i don't want a flame war started so yeah, i'm done with this thread.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #20
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
glad to hear that the chipped worked for you......feel special, cuz you have one of the last ASE chips made since they went to mexico and are no longer available to contact........i for one personally hate boundaries on a car, and goin as fast as it will go(im not specifying a location, just the thought) makes me that much happier....now only if i can get rid of the dammmmm DRL's
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote