Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
ok in an on going effort to continue to make this better lets get some input so we can work to make next years ASS more enjoyable for everyone. lets get this thread goin now while everything is fresh in our heads.

so post up your comments........... good/bad/postive/negative whatever. what is everyone one thinking we can do to make next year better.....

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
A directory so we can contact each other easier. Everyone should post up their cell #'s (or PM them to one of the organizers) and we could communicate easier. (and we could find Brad easier when he has the only key to my room for when he has to use the can)

I think this is the only thing that got to me...lack of communication.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:19 AM   #3
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i had most everyones number actually, i think i might have jturkeys home phone instead tho.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:36 AM   #4
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
lol...the 207 number is the cell....the problem i see with cell phones is roaming charges...we had to buy a couple of two ways in lansing, and bought the high powered ones with a 5 mile range...this may not be a bad idea to get those ones instead of a high cell phone bill

block all rooms in the same hallway , and post up room numbers so we can all get organized better(i remeber we had this problem last year with the guy with the final 500 alero

get more aleros to show up for ass...and bring the car in the show even its stock or a daily driver...hell collins car is by far the most abused on the outside,and a work in progress on the inside, yet he showed it at the homecoming show...even body kits barely hanging on by four inches of double sided tape are good enough for 1st place...LOL

most of the issues we had this year is due to alot of new faces...hahaha...we have quite a few veterans now though
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:57 AM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by jturkey69@Jun 20 2006, 12:36 AM
lol...the 207 number is the cell....the problem i see with cell phones is roaming charges...we had to buy a couple of two ways in lansing, and bought the high powered ones with a 5 mile range...this may not be a bad idea to get those ones instead of a high cell phone bill

block all rooms in the same hallway , and post up room numbers so we can all get organized better(i remeber we had this problem last year with the guy with the final 500 alero

get more aleros to show up for ass...and bring the car in the show even its stock or a daily driver...hell collins car is by far the most abused on the outside,and a work in progress on the inside, yet he showed it at the homecoming show...even body kits barely hanging on by four inches of double sided tape are good enough for 1st place...LOL

most of the issues we had this year is due to alot of new faces...hahaha...we have quite a few veterans now though

im was/am too poor to afford 2ways and mine bit the dust. roaming? u still have roaming? only place ive ever roamed was when i was well into canada.

problem with blocking all rooms in the same hallway is i dont think 1 bdrms are on the second floor at all

always can use more aleros and for sure everyone should show.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
yeah more aleros, for sure. I know mine wasn't in the show, but I had a valid reason. It was 98.9% totalled at registration time. I brought it in later and some old dude kept staring at it. Maybe next year I'll enter it. Maybe more signage repping aleromod.com so people can go online and check it out. Other then that it seemed like it was put together pretty well.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
ThePrettyPhysicist
Aleromod Battery Guru

ThePrettyPhysicist is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ThePrettyPhysicist Send a message via Yahoo to ThePrettyPhysicist
i bought my alero and joined the forum too late to make it this year, but unless there are any problems with any of our cars, i'll be there next year. i do like the idea of having everyone's cell numbers - it makes things a lot easier - and even if you dont want to waste minutes, most people have texting included in their plans ...

2004 White Alero GL - "Raccoon Killer"
1987 Burgundy Fiero GT - "Mr. P-Body"
1986 Silver Fiero SE - "Half Pint"
ThePrettyPhysicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_xtreme,Jun 19 2006, 11:57 PM

im was/am too poor to afford 2ways and mine bit the dust. roaming? u still have roaming? only place ive ever roamed was when i was well into canada.

problem with blocking all rooms in the same hallway is i dont think 1 bdrms are on the second floor at all

always can use more aleros and for sure everyone should show.
[/quote]
good point on the room blocking, i didnt think of that, as for two ways...ive got ya covered next year...and NO you cannot sell your car before then
as for cell phones...maybe i need to update my plan maybe?? i know i dont roam when im at scotts house, but maybe registration will include a cell #, and a pm with a list of all the cell numbers, name and screen name
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
the 2 ways are a must...the roaming thing i got to turkey...it only does it when i goto MI though...in WI im never roaming even up by gregg.

The room thing posting up is a good idea and everybody bring a laptop since the hotel has free wifi...its another way to get ahold of somebody...

We need some of the main members to support this so alot more people will go...Id like to see the east coast get more next year

lol nametags for all ASS virgins
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
haha............. the alero chapter, OCA, and aleromod.com do not condone or encourage drunk driving.... haha

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Let's stay on topic people.

to address the hotel idea. i spoke with the hotel about this in the past and due to what rooms are available and single, double, smoking, and non. it is just not possible to have a block of rooms all together. it's a good idea but it has been looked into before.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
i biggest complain for this year that i saw. actually more of a disappointment.

after the majority of you left the homecomiong show early, you left your garbage right in the parking lot. in the bag was empty cans of beer. Also a open can of beer was just left sitting in the parking lot, in the wide open.

on the packets everyone got on the pink piece of paper it said absolutely no alcoholic beverages. yet someone still needed to drink. yes others at the show do drink. i have seen it. But that does not make it ok to do. Also i would hope all of us would be better than that.

but to leave it just sitting there for everyone to see is just not using your brain. if you need a beer that damn bad at least put it in the damn garbage. and not take the chance of giving us a bad rep.

i do believe i picked this stuff up before anyone saw.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@Jun 20 2006, 04:05 PM
haha............. the alero chapter, OCA, and aleromod.com do not condone or encourage drunk driving.... haha

we also do not promote it or think it's a laughing matter.

we would just hope people would use their brain and not do it at all
Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #14
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
I didn't go to it this year, however, I did go to the one last year. Sorry but I don't see entering my car in a car show. It's not really in good condition to put in a car show.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #15
sofa
GL Member

sofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to sofa
a suggestion from the girl friend-
plan seprate stuff for the ladies shopping w/e so the guys can get drunk in peace..obv. she hates cars.
o yeah and not the MEGA MALL. That is not a mega mall at all lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2313940 http://www.myspace.com/kowch
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #16
sound_xtreme
GLS member

if she feels that way, leave er home. :x
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #17
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Jun 20 2006, 10:43 PM
i biggest complain for this year that i saw. actually more of a disappointment.

after the majority of you left the homecomiong show early, you left your garbage right in the parking lot. in the bag was empty cans of beer. Also a open can of beer was just left sitting in the parking lot, in the wide open.

on the packets everyone got on the pink piece of paper it said absolutely no alcoholic beverages. yet someone still needed to drink. yes others at the show do drink. i have seen it. But that does not make it ok to do. Also i would hope all of us would be better than that.

but to leave it just sitting there for everyone to see is just not using your brain. if you need a beer that damn bad at least put it in the damn garbage. and not take the chance of giving us a bad rep.

i do believe i picked this stuff up before anyone saw.

...thats pretty sad. You would think they would be a little more considerate. issed:
Old 06-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #18
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally posted by sofa@Jun 20 2006, 06:27 PM
a suggestion from the girl friend-
plan seprate stuff for the ladies shopping w/e so the guys can get drunk in peace..obv. she hates cars.
o yeah and not the MEGA MALL. That is not a mega mall at all lol
the only thing with that is if they come along, it shouldnt be an extra task to figure something all the girls like....bad enough i know scot and brent have a hard enough time planning everything for us.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
make Scot's wife plan the girly stuff...or a return Alero "widow"...(ie: Debra, Angie, etc...if they're not into the car show thing)

Or just have them stay home (I like this idea better, unless the female(s) in question are good looking...)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #20
sound_xtreme
GLS member

i think debra would rather do what we did, putt putt, go kart, etc. i mean if she helps sand and work on my car i think she might like lookin at em a bit