Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
RockfordAlero
GX Member

RockfordAlero is on a distinguished road
motor is F**Ked

my mechanic guarantees me my motor is going to lock up any time maybe in a couple revolutions or a couple months but he doesn't give it much time, everything is shot, maybe even the whole block.... if the block is still good, which would be a better route to go, replace all my eternals or buy a new motor and chance just having more problems... also considered getting insurance on my motor so when it blows they get to replace it or even just selling my car to so godforsaken soul... was also curios about a 3.4 swap? don't know to much about the 3.4 motor mounts and such so excuse my ignorance if that is just a completely retarded idea,,, i really appreciate the input you guys have been giving me
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
The 3.4 swap is more of ahassle than worth it, or at least I heard it was. I got my 2.4 from ASAP Motors, I can get you a number if you want it.
-SmurfI
Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
RockfordAlero
GX Member

just looked them up, theyre gonna run me about $1000 it looks like
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
What happened to it?!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ That's a good price

What are your plans for the car, daily driver, street performance, or all out.

For daily or a mild street build, just replace the motor, all out, build the internals

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
RockfordAlero
GX Member

well my coolants were kept from cerculating, waterpumped burned out... after all that it overheated so i shut it off and had antifreeze blowing out from my thermostat and such... its a daily driver but i want mild performance - track capable... but i dont have the money to put into boosting it right now... ide have trouble just selling the car, becuase my trunk isnt a trunk anymore, its a box and amp housing so ide half to sell the system with it...my system is worth more than that car itself and i doubt anyone wants to buy an alero for 6g
Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #7
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
I paid ROUGHLY 1200 for the motor and shipping at ALL. I have no quarrels with th ecompany only other than the fact that they said the motor was a 2.4L that came out of a 2000 alero. I found out that the 2.4l engine came out of a 99 cavalier. It was small things like deleting the EGR valve (just reuse your intake and exhaust manifold it you dont have an EGR, it's that easy) and also you have to order a part for the switch between the one wire knock sensor to the two wire knowck sensor. The part only cost 2.99.
but this is only my suggestion.
-Smurf-
Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordAlero View Post
well my coolants were kept from cerculating, waterpumped burned out... after all that it overheated so i shut it off and had antifreeze blowing out from my thermostat and such... its a daily driver but i want mild performance - track capable... but i dont have the money to put into boosting it right now... ide have trouble just selling the car, becuase my trunk isnt a trunk anymore, its a box and amp housing so ide half to sell the system with it...my system is worth more than that car itself and i doubt anyone wants to buy an alero for 6g

Pics? What do you have audio-wise?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #9
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
do the water pump and HG urself
a head gasket isnt hard i just finished doin it on my e30 it was cake and a water pumps like 3 bolts and a hose
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
do the water pump and HG urself
a head gasket isnt hard i just finished doin it on my e30 it was cake and a water pumps like 3 bolts and a hose

nah nah he means like the internals are completely dead
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
I paid ROUGHLY 1200 for the motor and shipping at ALL. I have no quarrels with th ecompany only other than the fact that they said the motor was a 2.4L that came out of a 2000 alero. I found out that the 2.4l engine came out of a 99 cavalier. It was small things like deleting the EGR valve (just reuse your intake and exhaust manifold it you dont have an EGR, it's that easy) and also you have to order a part for the switch between the one wire knock sensor to the two wire knowck sensor. The part only cost 2.99.
but this is only my suggestion.
-Smurf-

damn smurf, did you go nationwide? I only paid 750 for mine and it has 49k with a matching vin to a 2001 grand am, and the 750 included shipping from connecticut to south dakota....
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
RockfordAlero
GX Member

stereo wise - Rockford Fosgate T10001bd for my sub, Rockford Fosgate T600-4 for my highs and mids. 2 kenetics batteries with a 150alt, have SL60s and a set of sx55s i just took out, full dynomat, in car volt meter, enough 1gage to hang snow white and the seven dwarves, AND THE HEART OF MY SYSTEM... 15'' RE...ha

was going to upgrade to the 15'' FI blt till this happend
Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #13
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Rockford i bought my 01 for $6,500 with like 78,000 miles a year ago and i found out my car is going on its third motor FTL but i am tryin to find a 2.4 too so i understand where your comming from

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
both of you guys, www.car-part.com problem solved.....
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #15
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
thank you kwauck i have been looking on there for awhile there are two or three on there that i am looking at....

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #16
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordAlero View Post
was going to upgrade to the 15'' FI blt till this happend

Mmmmm... sounds tasty. Haha but seriously, that sucks man. But one reason why i choose audio over a lot of things: it is for the most part, removable, and universal. Sorry for your loss though.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
RockfordAlero
GX Member

Might as well just fit a supercharged cobalt engine in my car
Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
or just buy an sc cobalt like im doing....
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
or just buy an sc cobalt like im doing....

that's ghey.......
Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
im sorry you feel that way
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote