Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Visonik Subs?

Hey
I don't know much about sound systems but I ran into a good deal on subs (I think)

What do you guys think or have heard about Visonik Subs? Specifically the Visonik V121D4.

Specs:12" High Performance Subwoofer
Dual 4 Ohm Impedence
Non-Pressed Paper Cone
Ventilated Magnet
Dual 2" Voice Coil
Stamped Steel Basket
Treated Foam Surround

Is $40 good for these?

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Ehhh, I had a visonik bandpass setup for my first system.. it was OK and got the job done, but there's better stuff.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Junk. Enough said.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
I appreciate the feedback so far guys. I don't want anything that will rattle windows or competition level, just something to give me a good sound and a bit of thump. For $40 bucks and not requiring anything massive, are they a good deal or no?

I should have described what I want to use them for in my first post. Sorry guys...lol.

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vella's Alero View Post
I appreciate the feedback so far guys. I don't want anything that will rattle windows or competition level, just something to give me a good sound and a bit of thump. For $40 bucks and not requiring anything massive, are they a good deal or no?

I should have described what I want to use them for in my first post. Sorry guys...lol.

theyre one of the lowest quality brands out there. for $40 you could get a new hifonics 12"
Old 09-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with Kicker. Good competition speakers. i had 2 12 inch competition subs from kicker in my car for about a year. i loved em and never had a problem with em. nice and loud too.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
MotorCity
GL Member

MotorCity is on a distinguished road
okay two questions New or Used.. If thier used pass on that automatically, If someone is trying to get rid of them its because they beat them to hell. Now with that said ill give you some personal experience, if you buy cheap your going to get cheap quality and they won't last you. and if anything goes wrong with them your going to end up paying for more than its worth. My advice is do it right the first time so you won't regret in when it breaks and realize you should have saved your money....

so you can take it or leave it overall its your choice and some lesson's you just have to learn on your own.. The choice is yours

I am beyond help...
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with motorcity. i have spent over 1000$ for a bunch of different sound systems in my car. out of all Kickers were my favorite. but ive bought my share of used subs. learned the hard way.. bought a set of JL w6's off a guy bout 40 mins from me.. lasted me a month and they blew. but got the box and both subs for 90$ so not much of a loss really. but yeah just buy NEW subs not used. you'll get more use out of them and like them alot more then a pair of used ones that someone beat the crap out of and just trying to make a quick buck. and chances are you can find better louder subs new then you can someone else is trying to get rid of. all up to you. good luck
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote