Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Techonrye
GX Member

Techonrye is on a distinguished road
Would tail tints look ok if I?

I was struck by this random idea today about tinting my tails (I realize ideas around here can get scarey). Mind you I'm not great at visualizing results.

Would it look odd to tape off the reverse light for 2 coats and pull off the tape for the last coat?

Beyond that I'm going back to the search to look up some more design ideas.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Just do what I used to have.
Don't mind the license plate...

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
declined_imp
GX Member

declined_imp is on a distinguished road
Hey sleepy, kinda off topic for this thread but what exhaust do you have?
declined_imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Why would you want to slightly tint your back up lights? Granted it might look smoother, but that light needs to shine! Especially with those small 921's

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Techonrye
GX Member

hgubbz you have a great point those bulbs are weak. I think I will take a page from sleepy's book on this one.
That also poses the question of what do you have now sleepy?

I'm also curious about what exhaust you have.

This pic does give me the idea to de-badge the back to replace my missing front badge
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
That is pacesetter catback, it's roughly 330$

My tail lights now...

Grew out of the tinted phase
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
Techonrye
GX Member

She is quite the sexy Alero sleepy.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
If you can check out my threads for my three aleros... i have had many different styles and designs... i can post some pictures tonight if you can't find my threads! Just on my phone at work now!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Techonrye
GX Member

After a couple searches I did find your threads, but the images are not coming up except the new customs you got on. So when you have time some pics would be awesome.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techonrye View Post
She is quite the sexy Alero sleepy.

Thank you!!!

Love her a lot take very good care of her.

Wait till she's lowered
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
If you want a set of tinted headlights I have a set for sale. So you dont have to worry about messing up yours. Everything is tinted but its easy for the light to shine through.

If you want them send me a PM. There boxed and ready to ship. They could be there before xmas if you wanted.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #12
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
ok, here we go...
newest renditions for the 5 speed sedan:

light vht night shades dark tint, followed by 3 coats of vht night shades in red with 3 coats of clear over top... still need wet sand and buff...

these are on "tequila" the winter beater that I just couldn't leave alone...

taped off the reflective strip so cops wouldn't look twice about the tint, they turned out like the 88-92 style beretta's... 3 very light coats of vht night shades and 3 light coats of clear...

and the sedan's...

taped off the upper portion of the brake light and only tinted the orange turn signal and reverse light... 3 medium coats of vht night shades and 3 coats of clear over the whole lens after the tape was removed...
and my current set...

so, there are some options, like I said, I have tried numerous styles, I really like them all, I just like to change it up

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 12-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #13
Techonrye
GX Member

That gives me a bit to think about thanks for the pics!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #14
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

no prob... there are plenty of options and designs you could go with, just a matter of going with what you like best... keep your eyes out for car part outs, and you can pick up the lights cheap, and have many different styles like I do !! hahaha....

Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
Techonrye
GX Member

if out weather here lets up (which I doubt) I might take a trip out to Pic a part tomorrow
Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

^ yeah doubt it will, roads are terrible, I just got home from work.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
Techonrye
GX Member

I got called in for a 2am to 10am. So far that all I hear from the people coming in is the roads are a complete mess.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Roads still suck here in fishers