Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
bjensen83

Hey Guys. First off, Happy Easter to all.

Now I bought an Autometer Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge for my upcoming turbo setup, and I'm not sure where the fuel pressure sensor is located at. If anyone knows, any help would be greatly appreciated as always. :-)
Old 03-25-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
I doubt there is a fuel pressure sensor installed in OE form. If you are looking to install one under the hood then usually you do it by mounting a Tee fitting off the fuel rail and install it there. If you are using an in cabin guage you need to be sure to have an isolater installed so you do not have fuel coming through the firewall, a big no-no. Not sure what you mean by an electric guage but I hope that gets you off on the right foot.

The scary part to me is that you are going to do a custom turbo setup and don't know how to put in a fuel pres. guage. Better start reading
Old 03-26-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Mar 25 2005, 08:48 PM
I doubt there is a fuel pressure sensor installed in OE form. If you are looking to install one under the hood then usually you do it by mounting a Tee fitting off the fuel rail and install it there. If you are using an in cabin guage you need to be sure to have an isolater installed so you do not have fuel coming through the firewall, a big no-no. Not sure what you mean by an electric guage but I hope that gets you off on the right foot.

The scary part to me is that you are going to do a custom turbo setup and don't know how to put in a fuel pres. guage. Better start reading

i second that, just tap off the fuel rail, on the passenger side at the end of the upper intake manifold you will see a valve that looks like something for a tire, you can put a t off that and still have a valve for fuel pressure relief.........but yea.......i hope you know more about turbos than this......
Old 03-26-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
bjensen83

It's kinda like the Elec. Oil pressure gauge from Autometer, which comes with a sender.... Here's a picture of it. I see the pressure relief valve at the top that you guys are talking about, but that won't work for an electrical gauge. What about the place where this plug is in the picture? That looks like it's a fuel line (assuming I traced the line correctly )

Btw, I'm not going to be putting the turbo in myself.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
bjensen83

One more
Old 03-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
CocoaAlero

Don't try to put it there. That's a coolant bleeder, to get air out.
I don't know where you can plug that into.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
bjensen83

lol. ok. I'll just wait till Monday and ask my fuel management teacher. Thanks
Old 03-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
bigd6983

ok man........if you couldnt tell the difference between a coolant line and a fuel line id recomend someone else doing it.......number 2 i dont know where your getting an 1/8 from, but that end doesnt look like 1/8 in size......number 3 the valve you pointed to i believe is a tap in for vacuum off the manifold, the valve points towards the passenger side of the car, its off the end of the fuel rail, fuel rail is inbetween the upper and lower intake manifold.....id say just let someone do it for ya, and oh the gauge kit is usually universal but comes with fittings to adapt to different cars.......