Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
wy3134

I was just curious if anyone out there has any experience with running a wet nitrous kit on their ecotec....I have a nitrous kit and havent been able to move it...so im considering running it....and just wanna know what to expect and whats an "ideal" or "optimal" amount of time to hold the "button" down for the nitrous. thanks for the help
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have nitrous, but from what i've read about it, it'll all computer controlled. When you press the button the module will conroll how much and how long the spray lasts
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
wy3134

the kit i have is manual controlled...hence the button to activate the spray, no computers to it....guess i should have included that in the post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
ohh ok, i understand now. You could check the spec's on a automatic kit and see how long it's set for.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
You can hold it down for as long as you like... untill the bottles empty. Not recommended, but you can do it...
What kit do you have? its a wet kit, where does it get its fuel from?
GENERALY you spray only at WOT, upper rpm band so 3500-4500 RPM+ only, and under heavy exceleration, for no longer then about 3-10 seconds.
For an ecotec start with a 30-50 hp jet, a wet kit should love that ammount.. i have heard guys running as much as a 100shot or more on the eco, but 75 would be as high as i would take it without more mods...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
wy3134

well if i do run it....ill set up a seperate fuel cell so i can run like 100 octane or something and that way not be as concerned about detonation, the kit itself is the one skiboarder had...
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, well running a seperate fuel cell has it own issues... and if you want to take it to the track good luck with that... lol
It will be interesting hideing a fuel cell at the track Tech inspection...
My suggestion would be to tap into the factory fuel system, and just run 94+octane booster at the track if your gunna run anymore then a 75shot, allthou with an automatic i dont know how much that tranny is gunna like a hit of the juice... i havent heard manny good things about the small auto trannys...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:37 AM   #8
AleroSS

Best thing to do if your goin with 75 or bigger is to invest in some colder plugs and maybe retarrd the timing back a couple. If i were you I'd just be sure to be running premium fuel when youre headin to the track (like a 94 octane or so), and go with that. Dont bother with a seperate fuel cell, just be sure you fill up with premium the nite before :P