Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
window scratching

i searched and got lost in dozens of reports that others have this problem

is there a diy on preventing further scratching and does that turtle wax compound method work on small light scratchs, it doesnt ruin the window later does it
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
wax isnt going to remove a scratch, fixing the glass will, yes it can be done, glass companies do it, there is a kit made to remove scratches, i`ve done it with 600 and buffed glass,

i would check the inner and out belt moldings to see if there are any problems
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

id need a picture to help identify what im looking at, in my experience with different makes and models, the inner workers of a door are pita or almost impossible to get at

i compare it to open heart surgery on yourself, you know its althere, but without a mirror its hard to see or have enough control/leverage to do anything
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
What?
And scratches on windows are caused from the felt like thing wearing out and dirt getting in it replace that and replace the glass. Glass is easy to pull out of our cars
Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
What?
And scratches on windows are caused from the felt like thing wearing out and dirt getting in it replace that and replace the glass. Glass is easy to pull out of our cars
Truth^^^^^

Pop the panel and a couple of Bolts and the windows is loose.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
I'd just sand and buff it like bdyman said.. super easy, just like wetsanding a car, except the sandable material is like 1/4" thick. Follow up with a polish to remove swirls from buffing, and you should have a nice finish on there.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
you remove the door panel bolts, put window halfway, HOLD WINDOW!! remove clip bolts, remove window
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

Where can the Felt peice be found for purchase, also im hoping that the window wont need to be replaced or sanded yet, i wanna talk to the man at the tint shop and see beforehand if the tint will hide or illuminate the scratches, or maybe the shop can just fix them, so far they're only visable in certain light and not feelable
Old 06-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

Bump.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
i need that felt piece and the window gasket itself.... its all ripples..
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Caboose73

junk yard or dealership an auto parts store might have it
Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

nope, all the junkeryards are cleaned out, im going to a new one here though, its called colony, 15 square miles of junk..... they have 338 alero's.... got to be SOMETHING!?!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
I need a new felt piece too lol anyone have a part#?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Hey bodyman.. this seems like the right thread to place this in.. on my new car.. when i got it about 4 months ago the drivers side window was fine.. no scratches or anything.. all the other windows are still fine but the drivers side creaks when i roll it down or up.. and now theres a eff ton of scratches all over it.. is this because the window possibly got knocked off track?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem with my pass side window, not I know how to fix it
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

?anyone find the felt pieces for sale anywhere?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

bump.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
junk yard or dealership an auto parts store might have it

Won't all the junkyard ones be scratched too?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #19
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
?anyone find the felt pieces for sale anywhere?

I'm reasonably sure it's a dealer only item, if you can get it.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
zzyzzx
GLS member

And don't you need a glass polishing kit w/drill attachement to realy do it right.

Like this one:
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/glass.htm

This person used to sell them on eBay.