Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Need wheel fitment help ?

I got the 2000 Alero that has 20x8 wheels on it now( Dont laugh thought it would be cool thing)and they are on 245/35/20 inch tires People said they wouldnt fit but they do but they rub a little Question is guy wants to trade me a set of 18x9 +45 offset off a 2008 Ford Fusion same bolt pattern with 245/30/18 inch tires will they fit or rub even more being a wider rim or can i get by Help Me
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
the offset should be between 38-42 so yea these will either rubb or stick out too much
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
mach3
V.I.P. Member

mach3 is on a distinguished road
It's not going to rub more, if anything it will be less rubbing. Width of the rim is not relevant because no one in the right mind would mount a tire that is narrower than the rim...you'll have an exploded tire real quick if you do that. Think of it this way, the widest part of your tire on both sets is 245mm so with a smaller rim and less sidewall, your overall diameter on the 18's is going to be smaller than the 20's so you should be ok. Why won't you ask the guy to bring one over to you to test fit it to be certain?
mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
it will likely rub on the inside of the tire/wheel
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
14alero
V.I.P. Member

check this out The guy i bought the 20s off of said they were 20x8 Wrong just took them off to put my stockers on 20x9 dam cant beleved the fit WOW
Old 10-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Might fit, but still looks ugly.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, I’m not a fan of big rims, because of the increase in rotational mass, and they just don’t look rite, kind of like that level on Super Mario Brothers 3, where everything is massive, and you just tiny little Mario, lol. But hey to each there own.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So they fit, now try turning.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #9
14alero
V.I.P. Member

Well done deal traded the 20s last night got some Akita 17 inch ak-6 heres of what they look like guytook really good care almost brand new Blck with the chrome lip http://superbuytires.com/Akita%20Racing/AK%206/
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
should look good, what's the width and offset and what tires are you going with.......