Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
mls1282
GX Member

mls1282 is on a distinguished road
suggestions?

Hello everyone, new guy here. My 1999 Alero has been through a lot lately, and I want to begin repairs on my car... do any of you guys have any suggestions on how to start and what to look for when I shop around for repairs? If I just wanted basic repairs, what prices would I be looking at? Would putting on a body kit be wise? Thanks in advance!

mls1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
SHIT.

Well, the rear quarter is going to be the tough one... it's not just like a fender that bolts on, it's like, the roof, and the other side, all one piece.

Serious bodywork is required here. Wait for bdyman to chime in.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
what the hell did you hit, or hit you?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
yes, buy my bodykit and everything will be fine....

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26028
Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
mls1282
GX Member

mls1282 is on a distinguished road
some douchebag with a Mercedes hit me... and the car got run into a house as well... yeah a lot, I know.
mls1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO

Sell it or whatever you can to get money for it, and buy a coupe Alero that's not destroyed.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
IMO

Sell it or whatever you can to get money for it, and buy a coupe Alero that's not destroyed.
truth. cost on all of those repairs can be much more expensive than another Alero altogether. though it would be cool to have the real gold color that is so rare.....
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Buy another alero, and keep that one as a parts car. You'll have parts for yourself, and parts to sell to us for extra cash. Everybody wins.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
elpuas3000
GX Member

elpuas3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
the rear is going to be at least 4000 dollars or more...
i had a little accident last year and the bumper was fu** , the bumper reinforsment and i had a little dent where the tail light is ohh.. and the tail light was broken of course... so i went to the body shop and they told me 3100.00 dollars... just for that... i was like woww.... LOL
i would do what ion is saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
IMO

Last edited by elpuas3000 : 03-09-2009 at 12:15 AM.
elpuas3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
The rear quarter panel is very labor intensive...

panels are really gonna add up..
fender
quarter
front and rear bumper
tail light

Can prolly fix the hood... maybe the trunk.. but I'd bet worried about the trunk aligning.

who knows what's wrong with the front suspension.. that might cost ya a new control arm and strut assembly.. maybe drive shaft?

The frame geometry might be tweaked a good bit.

If you're handy and can weld/do body work.. you can go ravage a junkyard car, fix it and probably take it somewhere to get the frame straightened..

If you can't do your own work.. then you're boned, it'd cost more to fix than buying a new one.

Either way that's a big project.. I'm sure bdyman's estimate is gonna be through the roof for a job like that, lots of hours to make it look good.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #11
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
yeahhh... that'll cost more to repair than the car is worth. sell it n use the omney towards a non-wrecked car.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #12
kluv27
Raging Alero-Holic!!

kluv27 is on a distinguished road
ripped up

yeah,im sorry dude.....but ur ro is fubar.the whole right rear quarter panel would need refabricated and all the money and time you would spend on that...u would be better off buying something else like ion recommended....but make sure u get one with low miles and drill a hole on the bottom of the back end of the sideskirts on both sides so your rear quarters' dont rust out.its typical on all of the alero'sand im tired of seeing them on everyone that i see in my area including my on.but good luck!
2000 Olds Alero GL2 Coupe.........Cleared Front Corners, SP 8000k HID's,WAI,2.25 Custom Imco Performance Exhaust,Intrax Lowering Springs,18x8.5 inch Quantum Tek QT 104 Wheels,R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors
kluv27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #13
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
would cost too much fot its real value
leoalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #14
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
lmao wat kind of insurance company didnt right that off
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #15
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yeah I am very suprised the car wasn't totaled from the insurance co. Do yourself a favor, and if you want an Alero, go and buy a different one. Then part out this one. You'll probably end up making quite a bit of $ doing that.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
what engine does it have?

dude, part it out, its your best bet, then go hunting for another one
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I would pay someone to take it, then I would buy a new one.

Oh yeah welcome to the site!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
eehhmmmmmmmmmmm
ok what kind of insurance and why didnt the company total out this car, your asking "how do i repair my car" tells me right there you have no knowledge of repairing a car, and i can not can not teach you online on how to be a body fender tech it will never happen

i`ll start with the back of the car, ya need a deck lid, ya need a 1/4 panle, rear bumper, bumper brakcets, energy absorber, maybe a re=bar, and a 1/4 extension, repair the inner and outter wheel house, and thats just lookng at a picture
always always always a car has to be pre pulled before any new panle can be put on a car, so that means car has to go on a frame rack do you have acsses or know how to work a frame rack???

once the metal is prepulled, and you have decent line as much as you can get with crumpled metal, then you can continue to remove the interior trim pieces, all the glass, all parts off the rear of the car, and then start drilling and drill some more, do you know how to splice a 1/4?? in the d-pillar?? what does i-car say to do for insurance reasons??
its not just wham bam oh look my car is fixed, oh know at least 3 week minimum for the repair of the car, i will add more in a few
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #19
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
eehhmmmmm
so lets move on shall we................................................ ....................... now i say crumpled metal has to be prepulled right? right!, why?? well metal has crumple zones wrinkle zones whatever you want to call it, and metal is on a car is made to do what?? move and crumple, our job on a frame rack is to pull the car back and pull and remove or repair the wrinkle zones, now do you know what i-car says about the wrinkle zone rule??

on to the front end, repair the hood, replace headlight, bumper, fender liner, fender, looks like a strut, could need a knuckle, maybe a outer tire rod, maybe a lower control arm, i cant say this enough THERE IS ALWAYS MORE DAMAGE WHEN THE CAR IS APART!!!!!

so with that said, maybe repair and pull upper tie bar, pull the sway out, repair upper rail, repair, lower apron, thats right boys n`n girls we get paid for setting up the car, 1.5 frame labor, pull sway, 2-3 frame labor, then the reapir time for the damaged metal,

so its not asking a question on here on what to do your car needs a experienced tech to handle this job not some joe shmo who thinks hes going to fix his car in the back yard, oh no your car has allot of damage, that needs experience right now not a question on a forum
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote