Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
TxAlero
GX Member

TxAlero is on a distinguished road
stupid question?

I want to put "Audi" style strip lights on, easy to do yes. But heres the stupid question part-what would I have to do to make them my DLR's instead of my high beams?? And would they shut off like normal DLRs at night?
TxAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
simple, go to your relay box, cut the wire coming from pin 87 (IIRC) on the DRL relay, then simply tap the power wire from your LED strips into that wire

Edit: just checked AllData, should be a dark blue wire coming off that pin that you need to tap into

Goodluck, can't wait to see the results

Last edited by Ttop191 : 02-17-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Ttop191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Meh these Audi strips are so played out. IMHO I don't even think the Audis look good with them

As for you question, if you do it like Ttop said, They WILL go off at night since the DRL's run on a different circut.

If I were you, I would fuse it and or relay it from an igntion source. This way whenever the car is "on" so will these lights. I would also take apart the housings like you were clearing your corners and run them inside the lens. Should give a clean look, nice install, and keep the lights safe

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Are you lookin to do em inside the headlights or down where the foglights are? I've got mine where the fogs used to be. They are hooked up to my factory fog light switch.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Ttop191
GLS member

I was assuming since he asked that he did want them off at night
otherwise why would he use DRL's
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Edit, noticed above post wasn't me to me.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Ttop191
GLS member

my comment was focused at Ken haha
Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
just to give you an idea
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Last edited by alero_bmxer : 08-04-2011 at 10:41 PM.
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Ttop191
GLS member

Off-topic: I love that both of you guys have my quote in your sig's hahaha
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
off topic also: your response was epic so it was worthy of being in signatures
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

hahaha yeah, and bmxer.... i LOVE how the lights look on your car, it amazes me.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
TxAlero
GX Member

TxAlero is on a distinguished road
yeah bxmers alero inspired me along time ago, but the cold weather keep me from doing the project. With the 60-70's now common its time to head outside and get the job done!
TxAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

right on cant wait to see it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: