Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
Go-Kart Handling?

the other day i was driving down the road and swerved to miss a pothole and i realized that my cars handling was very snappy, like a go kart. so i didnt think much of it at the time.

Next day while driving to the mechanics i remembered the night before and i tried swerving. and the car was still snappy with go kart like handling. felt like the car was going to lose control (back end whip out sideways or something) and i also noticed it kinda threw your body in the direction opposite of the turn.

Had the car in the air at mechanics tried the swerving again and it was more stiff and responsive and not as severe as before (i liked this better than before)

Im stumped as to what the issue could be. Ik it needs an alignment but its not real bad.

(all swerving done at 55-60mph)
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
possible loose tie rod ends
Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
hmm......? maybe...idk tho because sometimes it feels like one way is more snappy/jerkier than the other
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
and that one side is the side with the loose tie rod end but it might be exactly that.

lift the car up in the front grab onto the tie rod if you can pull it up and down you have a loose tie rod outer. if the wheel when both are up and you can feel play in the wheel by shaking it side to side it is more then likely your inners but you might need an extra set of hands to check this as the play in the rack can be decieving
Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
A very different set up but my old chevy truck was doing that for a while. Just new steering arm, pitman arm, and tie rod ends and it was good as new. Put it on a lift/jack stands get underneath and have a buddy wiggle the tire (which i assume it is wiggling as part of the problem) watch to see what parts are loose and replace.
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote