Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Back with a "new" HO

Sorry Guys and gals that i have not been on in about a month. I moved to a new apartment and found out i was a dad of a now 7 week old baby boy. Yes as the title says i have a "new" Ho and no i didnt get rid of the Alero. Its still the alero BUT..... THE MOTOR IS DONE AND IN!!!!

The turbo is not on yet since i am currently working out some clearence issues with the BOV and some other stuff. But i will have it in hopefully in about a month or so. The motor is already broken in with about 600+ miles on it. It has the "secret" cams in it as well as the HO intake. All vaccume leaks have been found and fixed. Only thin im running into rigth now is when at a light the car wants to dies sometimes and also when driving or going to take off from about 0 - 20 % (roughly) on the throttle the car falls on its face and either dies or barely catches its self when i give it more gas. Any ideas? it idles a little rough too. Ill have pics coming up on the page soon. Ill try to get them scanned in tonight and post them up of the motor being built and the motor in the car. This was actually a fun build and would do it again in a heart beat.... as long as i have all the parts i need readily available to make it go that much faster. Look forward to getting it to the track hopefully before the winter snow falls. Hope i have not missed to much on the site. Im sure as i read through some threads ill get caught up some but if anything major has happened let me know.... and of course i want to hear about anyone else that was doing this build at the same time how you guys are doing. I think there were 2 others at the time with the same build going.

FYI i finally got the multi layered head gasket in about three weeks after the motor was built and 2 months after ordering it..... if you need the gasket order way in advance they can not keep them on the shelves and are being back ordered EVERYWHERE!! (unless i missed a good buy somewhere) The car sounds great though and cant wait to hear the sound of the turbo spooling and the sound of the BOV between shifts.
Ill Be seeing you local guys at the tracks soon. I plan on makeing a trip around the state and neighborings to some of the tracks and try to post up good times at each one. I hope to have more and more goign into this car over time and increase the horsepower and torq more and more untill i hit the max before the rear conversion has to be done. Already doing the research on that and slowly putting money aside for it.

Way off in the future though i plan on getting a trailer with lift in it to put the car in and have tools and storage under it with spare parts and make it into strictly a track car. My buddy and i want to slowly get to that point and then go around tackling new tracks with both cars and see what kinds of different types of modders there are in the country and Canada. Again though this is far off in the future. Once it starts happening (and it will) ill post up my route plans so if your close to one you can come out and race and watch. Im not looking to win everytime but looking to post some good times and make people think alittle differently about the avialble Platforms to work on out there. (sorry kinda long but just updating you on what is goign on and the plans i have for the alero and future with it) I dont plan on ever getting rid of the car till it practically falls apart around me.

Any comments and scrutiny are welcome now. feel free to leave them

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
Sorry Guys and gals that i have not been on in about a month. I moved to a new apartment and found out i was a dad of a now 7 week old baby boy.

Not sure if i should be happy about that or not.... but as long as you are, congrats!

and good luck/job w/ the alero.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Lol i am proud of the little guy so i cant complain. He loves being in the alero too so thats a Great sign!!

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
how do u find out that u have a 7 week old boy? Whatever happened to knowing during the 9 months?? haha but anyways congrats to you
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
2.2l Monster
GX Member

2.2l Monster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 2.2l Monster
Congrats on the new motor and baby! Good luck with the rest of the build man!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Not sure if i should be happy about that or not.... but as long as you are, congrats!

and good luck/job w/ the alero.

^^^hahahaahaaa you couldnt have worded it better....

i still luv ya tho, james, nice to see youre still alive!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
^^^hahahaahaaa you couldnt have worded it better....

i still luv ya tho, james, nice to see youre still alive!

HAHA miss you too Candace. Hope your doing well and ill see you around on here sometime soon im sure. LOTS GOING ON!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
hey whats up man, yeah im still rebuilding my LD9 ho, already got the wiesco pistons in just waiting on the eagle rods now. Right now I got my machine shop doing the Quad oil pump swap modification to my block, so till thats done and i get the rods in and they put it back in I'll be sitting waiting to be a new daddy too just hope not both wayz
Old 08-25-2007, 12:45 AM   #9
Headstrong2740
GL Member

haha yeah that would not be a good trend to be seen. LOL