Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
silverbullet81
GX Member

silverbullet81 is on a distinguished road
brakes messing up

Lately my brakes have been messing up and im not sure y. It doesn't do it all the time all the time but sometimes at low speeds like stopping at a stop sign or something when i press the brake pedal it will make a weird noise and not stop or anything and its like its getting hung up on something and the pedal wont even go down. It only lasts for like a second then it goes away and the pedal goes down and the brakes grab. it did this once before a while ago when my hubs were bad but a couple months ago i put new hubs rotors and pads in and it went away. could it be my hubs again? maybe cuz i bought the hubs off ebay? Oh and the low trac light comes on when it does all of that too.

Thanks
Justin
silverbullet81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
antilock brakes activating when they shouldn't
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
silverbullet81
GX Member

so thats the sensor in the hub right?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
could be, i don't know enough about what would cause the issue
Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Like Ion said, sounds like something ABS related. Maybe one speed sensor in one of the hubs is acting crazy, sends a 0 value for speed when you brake and your car thinks the wheels are blocking and kicks the ABS for a sec.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine did that every now and then with the bad hub ABS sensor. Odd that you don't have the lights for it though.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Check those caliper pins too, and maker sure that they aren't seized.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

woops, that too, check the slider pins in the caliper mounting brackets, sometimes they need some greasing, could be sticking until more force is put on it then it breaks loose and the pads grab
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
silverbullet81
GX Member

well i think it is the hub sensor because yesterday i unplugged the sensors and drove around like that all day and it didn't do that once. I wont be buying anymore hubs from ebay... Thanks for all the help