Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
RideRedAlero
GX Member

RideRedAlero is on a distinguished road
Air Condition!

So heres the dilema a lil while back my Alero was having cranking problems. So it took a little while for the mechanics to figure out that my air condition was causing the computer chip to trip or something like that when it sat over night. They solved the problem but they had to remove my air condition. So my question is what type of air condition job do I need and is it going to be extremely exspensive, like I heard.
RideRedAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
that is the craziest thing i've ever heard.

and now your looking to get A/C put back ON your car?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
WTF is that? pile of words... with no meaning...

sorry, can't help you... as far as i knew, the A/C was BCM/PCM Controlled
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
.... wtf
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
RideRedAlero
GX Member

what dont you understand, its simple the A/C went to the bad and triggered the chip in the car to reset over night.Then they took the A/C out and placed in another chip
Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think you understand, because you're interpreting what the mechanic said. What you say makes zero sense to people who know about the Alero. They removed your A/C what? The compressor? The pressure sensor? The condenser, evaporator, etc.? How would the air conditioning cause cranking issues, unless:
  1. The compressor clutch was seized, preventing the belt from moving nicely.
  2. The A/C pressure sensor was reading a largely incorrect value while the A/C was active. I know I've had odd idle issues if I give the pressure sensor an incorrect value with the A/C switched on.

When you get it back, $500 later, from the mechanic, let us know the real problem that occurred, because I'm very curious.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
RideRedAlero
GX Member

My car been out of the shop, and since I can only repeat what the GM mechanics told me since I'm not a mechanic, he said that my A/C cord went to the bad and was causing the chip near the A/C to reset itself over night
Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
wtf
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

it "went to the bad"? what "chip" is there near the A/C?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i think they charged 500 dollars to replace a relay and fed u BS
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

What did they charge you anyway, and what exactly did they do that you're without a/c?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
dude how do u guys not get it... his a/c went to the bad lol.

but seriously dude sounds like u got burned by a mechanic. Happens all the time, my grandpa payed 700 to change his coil packs. what exaclty did they remove? the compressor?
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
you got bent over and raped in charges. they probably just pulled out the A/C relay.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #14
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
the dealers wanted like 300 for a led 3rd brake light in our suburban when it was only the fuse, theyll rip you when they see a chance
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRedAlero View Post
My car been out of the shop, and since I can only repeat what the GM mechanics told me since I'm not a mechanic, he said that my A/C cord went to the bad and was causing the chip near the A/C to reset itself over night

your A/C cord?? you mean... where you plug an air conditioner to the wall?! Hein-y... i think this is your area of modding expertise.

seriously dude... it REALLY sounds like because you don't know anything about cars, they fed you lines of crap and charged you a bunch of money, for a totally fictitious problem.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah what your saying makes no sense what so ever. I've never heard of this.

What chip are you talking about? There is no chip in the compressor, condensor, R134a lines, etc. The only "chip" I can think of is the circut board behind the control knobs. The PCM and BCM are not "chips" they are computers.

When my A/C stopped working, I paid around $800 for a new compressor and R134a charge. My old compressor had a hole in it.

Did you tell them you know nothing about cars? If you did, that's your first problem right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
seriously dude... it REALLY sounds like because you don't know anything about cars, they fed you lines of crap and charged you a bunch of money, for a totally fictitious problem.

Well, it's not totally fictitious, the A/C wasn't working before and it's not working after either

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
When my A/C stopped working, I paid around $800 for a new compressor and R134a charge.
Yikes, new compressor with clutch is only $200-260. $500 labor lol.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
AndyT3
GL Member

AndyT3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AndyT3 Send a message via Yahoo to AndyT3
Great, $260? Awesome... my compressor clutch thingy has gotten super loud over the past few days, looks like I'm going to have to bite that bullet....

FQuick - updated all the time
AndyT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
yep same here mine will not stop spinning when the AC is off so the AC or heat is alway one to make it stop squealing.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #20
RideRedAlero
GX Member

well idk the ppl at GM said it was a unique problem and I believe them since I witnessed the over night cranking situation, it might just be a problem that none of you ever heard of, and they didn't rip me off since it took them a lil while to fix the problem they didnt charge the usual and oh yeah if you don't have helpfull feedback don't post stupid bs like wtf..it's not helpfull at all