Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 05-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Ok so went to the track last night...........first run sucked, was really hot and had a pinched vaccum line (PCM problems all night), second run was decent but horrible traction, third run had a better 60' but still spinning like crazy.........yes i know i slept at the first two lights oh well will improve as the season goes on............

all in all i had a good time I always do when i am racing
Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
not bad dood. need to wake up at the light though but keep practicing
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
damn one of the fastest aleros on here and no love.......
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
get use to it.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Orion

wow ur times are so inconsistent lol
Old 05-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
when you break 2 seconds for the 60', then your car will get boners.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@May 16 2006, 03:44 PM
when you break 2 seconds for the 60', then your car will get boners.

lolololol...........no way in hell that is gonna happen until I get my slicks......hard to get traction with almost 300 fwhp.....
Old 05-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #8
Thrawn

Nice I like your list of future mods!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
nice times man, props to how much power ya got
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
something looks wrong, or your expected power output is wrong. i'm running quicker with a 3100+ lb car and 220-230hp
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ keep in mind the altitude difference. he'd probably have a whole second faster down here in the thick air. lol
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@May 18 2006, 04:46 PM
something looks wrong, or your expected power output is wrong. i'm running quicker with a 3100+ lb car and 220-230hp

I am at a higher altitude and we are still having a litle bit of tuning issues since we reinstalled the supercharger...........

oh yeah and when sc/alero dynoed it was 281 fwhp, but that was corrected hp at sea level so..................i will get a true 300 hp......... :heehee:
Old 05-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@May 18 2006, 05:03 PM
^ keep in mind the altitude difference. he'd probably have a whole second faster down here in the thick air. lol

i'm from colorado and the only 1/4 track i ran at was bandimere when i was home on leave last summer
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

formula, what kind of times were you running at bandimere? i'm assuming you are talking about your gti.....
Old 05-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #15
FormulaNERD
GLS member

best time of 14.507, but like you, i was struggling with traction

edit:

also my car is pretty finely tuned for 93oct, and aside from race gas it was really hard to find anything over 91oct (its like that all over co) and i dont know that area very well.

but there is a huge difference driving with altitude, more than i thought there would be, i was boosting 2-3psi less. and the whole vacation home my car just felt sluggish.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #16
FormulaNERD
GLS member

btw i wasnt bashing you or anything, just curious if you have problems somewhere in your setup.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

oh i know you weren't i was just curious about what you were running, i actually found I had a huge vaccum leak but that is fixed so hopefully i got a 14.3 or 14.4 in her next time......and yeas we usually boost about 2-3psi lower, i am excited to go home to south dakota where the altitude is lower!!! I run 91 street, but at the track I usually pump a gallon or two of 104 in her......
Old 05-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #18
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
great times man, hopefully ill get a chance to see it at the midwest meet this summer. You still gonna try and do twin charged like you said a while back or was that just brainstormin? Part of the reason you might not be seeing the reaction that you want is cause spy is posting 12.9 and makin everyone else look bad, dirty bas**** lol.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote