Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Train horn help

OK I was going to wait until I hooked it up to show it off, but I got the kit today from FM Kustoms and I'm a little bit lost.

I see the compressor: 2 wires postive and ground I'm going to buy an inline fuse holder for a spade fuse, at least 16 gauge and put in either a 20 or 25 amp fuse. The air line from the compressor to the tank, the air line to the valve (with switch relay) and to the horn, but the kit came with a pressure switch, 2 prongs and a air fitting on the other end, where does this go?, also the switch relay, which prong is switch, power and ground?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
lol i wanna see a vid of u scaring the shit outta people with that train horn lol, what DB is it rated at? sorry i cant help u out on that, havent hooked a horn up before
Old 01-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
what kind of pressure switch? it may not need a ground depending. post a pic up. it wont matter which wires(power or to compressor) you hook up to which prong. all the pressure switch does it connect those 2 wires.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the switch. My buddy thinks that the top hole (covered) it an exhaust port, but he hasn't seen it yet

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
looks like it's a non ground switch. so jus T it and plug ur wires in
Old 01-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
an exhaust port?

think about this......... how is the pressure switch gonna sense the pressure without being located someone in the air storage system?

the extra fitting you have should be for the pressure switch.......... it should screw into the fitting.

basically things most likely should go........ tank........fitting....... fitting with pressure switch........ compressor line....... compressor

like joel said you T the pressure switch. one should be constant power with your on/off switch and the other wire is the compressor 12v wire

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

you can actually put the switch bout anywhere before the valve(s), jus as long as it has a direct feed from the tank.

for example my switch is the grey box on top of the tank(a different switch but still works on the same principles)

while brents is inline with one of his ports going to his valves(at least thats how it was when he got the stuff)
Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
ya mine is now between the tank and the compressor.

but like joel said........ as long as it has a direct feed from the tank your fine.

and whenever you do get it all hooked up........... the first time you turn it on and fill the tank......... it will take forever to fill....... atleast it will seem that way. but just let it build pressure and it will turn off when its supposed to. i alwasy worry that my tank is gonna explode or something

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Heres my chime in! LOL

Compressor wiring w/ relay

Relay Pins:
85: Ground
86: From Pressure Switch Prong (Don't matter which one)
87: Power wire from battery (Must be 10 gauge min. or 8 ga, Fused w/40 amp fuse)
30: Compressor Red Pos. wire.

Black wire to compressor: Ground.

Pressure Switch Wiring:
Prong 1: Switched 12+ (from ignition or on a switch from a constant)
Prong 2: To Relay Pin #86

Valve Wiring:

If you want to splice in ur stock horn wiring and run it all the way back to the valve, you can do that. Or connect one side to ground and other wire to 12+ on a push button (or toggle switch) w/ Constant 12+.

------------------------

Plumbing:

Connect compressor to tank to a port, Connect Pressure switch to a port, then another port for to connect the valve (inlet), then valve outlet to the train horns. then any other remaining ports on the tank; you will need to plug up. You will prolly need to goto home depot or a hardware store to get fitting to adapt the sizes. If there isn't enough ports, you can get some "T" and do more plumbing. (heres an example of a "T" from my old tank setup)

Hope this answers your questions, ken.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

lol have fun blowin ur ear drums with that horn!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
I keep laughing when i see the title of this thread. i cant wait to see videos of people getting the shit scared out of them.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

^^^ Exactly dude lol, I saw a vid of I think it was soundxtreme scarin the shit outta someone with his train horn, fuuuuunny shit
Old 01-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #13
sound_xtreme
GLS member

not me
Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #14
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
^^^ Exactly dude lol, I saw a vid of I think it was soundxtreme scarin the shit outta someone with his train horn, fuuuuunny shit

yea i know what your talking about, i dont remember who it was though i wish i had one
Old 01-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

ok not u, it was someone i dunno, I just thought of the two tone paint scheme I dunno why, but yeah whoever it was it was funny
Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #16
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
i believe it was Marc aka Silentalero
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #17
tseebs

hey redog if u ever see a forest green alero driving around newtown give me a honk, i gotta hear this thing when you get it hooked up.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #18
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
it was me who hit the button but it was richies horn...hes the sap that got me addicted to it...and now its a pissing battle to see whos is louder
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Something tells he that the Holiday Inn isn't going to like us anymore

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 01-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #20
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
the horn is on the acura, so it depends which car i bring.

i even found an air horn for the bike now when i get the new one.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote