Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 AM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Magnetic field problem?

That's funny, now its been 4 times that my "ABS" "SES" and "track Off" lights came on at the same time. I though at first they were coming on randomly because one bearing was starting to go, but I couldn't hear any sound.

The problem is, at the 4th time, i realized that 3 out of 4 time it happened, it was at the same exact spot on the same street. There's no hole in the street at this point, and there are streets in worst shape than this spot. At this place, the street pass under a big electricity transport line. The left over of the 4 times the lights came on happened on another street passing under that same line.

These are the kind of lines that when you ride your bike under them and touch the metal frame, you get a shock. Or if you listen AM radio, the signal is lost while under. I think it is a 750 KV (Im totally out of it on those kind of numbers)

I was wondering if the computer in our cars could be really sensitive to electromagnetic fields and act crazy when I pass under that line?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
BadFrog
GX Member

BadFrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to BadFrog
this is kind of a yes and no idea, yes there would be a large magnetic field around it and since all computers are sensitive to electromagnetic ratiation it could happen. the issue with this is the body of the car and the shielding around the car should insulate the computer from the electromagnetic field. it may be that you have a sensor, like wheel speed sensor that is on the edge and the magnetic field affects the sensor causing it to fault out but it is really hard to say for sure. I say keep driving by that same spot and see what happens
BadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
or, it might need to be reported. let me know when the mutations begin to occur. I want pics.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Vinalero
GLS member

Ok, if possible, I'll try to post a video of it happening, but since it isn't occuring each time I pass there, it could take some time.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
er...no....that was a joke...as in " I want pics of the mutations"

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
bearing

when mine started to go.. (The second bearing) 2nd front bearing..

it did that alot.. certain spot trigured it..

The bearing sensors measure wheel hub displacement..

My ABS trio of lights would also do it in the same spot for me, but it was a patch of road near the end of my street once I got home off work..

I took a alook at it and it was a concave piece of road that would essentially bend my wheels apart when I drove over it.. and ssure enough..

Ding ding ding ding...

So give it a few weeks, your alero will sound like a shermen tank like mine dine very suddenly..

One day lights...few days later.. it started getting LOUD fast.. really fast..

two days ago, I had no drone.. its now getting fixed and it sounds like a tank.. but still rolls smooth, just loud..

I think I was pretty close to serious mech. breakdown..
aka mushy bearings.. lmao

my last bearing that went, I could actually trigger it by flexing in the top of my front tire with my foot.. While the car was on of course..

Food for thought...

Have fun with the tank..

PS it also gets triggured when one bearing rolls farther then the other.. on straight roads..

Last edited by teflone : 03-05-2007 at 08:31 PM.
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
Vinalero
GLS member

^^ gives me a better understanding of the situation, ty dude

Quote: