Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
MP45 Longevity?

My 18yo brother has an alero that he got from a family member that already had the blower installed. Now, he doesn't give a damn about the blower. He just needed a car. There is no doubt I could offer him $150 for the blower and he'd jump all over it. Then I'd just have to pay a tech as my shop $100 to swap everything out. Under $300 for a blower sounds like a good deal to me.

The only issue is, according to service history, the blower has about 45k on it. So my question is, how much wear and tear is that on the blower, and are the parts/service available to rebuild the blower if needed?
Th0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing it requires is an oil change at 100,000 miles... otherwise it's a maintenance free unit.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Thank you Ion.

One other thing I forgot to mention. The guide pulley(?) was dragging pretty bad when he got the car. I was able to get a replacement bearing but it was only a 99% correct fit and had to be shimmed. Do you know if I can get that entire assembly anywhere or will I have to get a larger bearing and have it machined down to fit?
Th0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure, just use an idler pulley from AutoZone or something. You cannot buy the pulley/bearing assembly any more, only the bracket, which is $180 new.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote