Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
HID troubles

so in the past month or two i have gone through 3 ballast's on just the driver side alone. my passenger side ballast is the one i have had in there since Christmas and that one is doing just fine. last night i flipped my lights on and my driver side light flickered and went out and wont come back on. i replaced the plug for the bulb last week because on the old one the tab was broke or missing and the harness wouldn't stay on. both bulbs are the original ones from Christmas time and neither one is burnt out so i know thats not it. any ideas at all? this is getting pretty annoying.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Where did you get the HID's from?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
a local car accessory shop. they have warranties on the ballasts so its not a huge deal just kinda annoying.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 08-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
what kind of hid kits are they? that doesn't seem right at all and seems like a manufacturing issue
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
mfuller

Are you absolutely certain it's the ballast?
Are you using a dedicated wiring harness with a relay (to pull juice straight from the battery) or factory wiring?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

problem solved one of the connectors from the harness wasn't plugged in all the way haha. thanks though guys

Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
yeah... I'm having troubles with my HID kit I got from Ryan.... Lost one ballast because it had a lot of water that somehow got in it... Now the other one isn't working. I know it's the ballast because I plugged my regular bulbs in to the headlight unit and it works perfectly... Seems as though I must have gotten a bad kit... I'm just frustrated and would rather not deal with it....
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
I understand your frustration.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
johnathanmpt
GX Member

johnathanmpt is on a distinguished road
I have been lucky with the kit i got from this guy off craigslist for $65! Did anyone else have to run new wires for you headlights so you could mount them in a safer place?
johnathanmpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
nope, they were fine just being hidden under the headlight
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote