Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

pr0xyph3wl is on a distinguished road
Mods I've done

Hey guys, this is my ride..its a 2003 GLS 3.4 SFI V6

I did a few mods to my alero since i got it..

First i smoked out my tails:

Then I added a 3" cold air intake, by Chrome intakes:
(it didn't come with the other piece of tubing that connects to the throttle body, I still want to get it though..possibly even make it myself)

The cone filter was enormous, I had to take apart the inner tire well cover to install it:

Last week I finally bought some rims, they came with the tires on them, but I need to replace 2 because the edges are worn from fast cornering..I paid 300 and the rims are worth 1500 alone..Although, I'm not sure of the brand? if someone knows, let me know please lol

I also painted some of the interior trim a glossy black (before and after):

My next mods are:
front/rear strut bars (bought, currently being shipped)
tinted windows
cat back exhaust, possibly going to get the pacesetter setup
indigo cluster

haha I know there's lots of pics, but I hope you guys like them
pr0xyph3wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Needs lowered
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14alero View Post
Needs lowered

I want to, but right now my tires sit literally 1 1/2" below my coils lol
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Hectic
GX Member

Hectic is on a distinguished road
Lose the skid marks on top.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
tails are a little too dark, but thats only my opinion.

its a good start.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
aaah i remember you lol, making progress thats good, rims aren't my taste but to each is own...clear your corners, and get rid of the bug shield
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
not looking too bad... you should come to our Southwest Ontario meet... we are working out details here:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32438

you should plan to attend!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #8
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
not looking too bad... you should come to our Southwest Ontario meet... we are working out details here:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32438

you should plan to attend!!

alright sounds good..i gotta see when im off, i work at dofasco..probably heard of it :P i work 12 hour shifts 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off..that sort of thing..pretty much every other weekend i work
Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
off to a good start.

Don't worry about lowering it. The tires are 1 1/2" below the coils, the coil spring perch won't get any lower with shorter springs. Go for it.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Don't get the pacesetter. It does sound good, but really you can just buy a summit turbo style muffler and have a shop install a custom kit for less, and have the exact same sound. Plus the pacesetter has some mounting issues for me (the over the axle pipe tends to rub against a heat shield if you don't put something between them to absorb the vibrations).
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

really eh..hmm ill have to look into that, they aren't that expensive though..
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
pacesetter exhaust sounds good and it is.....for about a year and a half....then it starts rusting out.... i used to have it, now i have the borla...
Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #13
riceburner2006
GX Member

riceburner2006 is on a distinguished road
i have the borla on my grand am and i will never go with ne thing else...im not a fan of the wheels and i also agreed its in need of a drop..wheel gap is lame
riceburner2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner2006 View Post
i have the borla on my grand am and i will never go with ne thing else...im not a fan of the wheels and i also agreed its in need of a drop..wheel gap is lame

funny how no one said anything before with my stock 16" wheels "it needed a drop" but seeing as how i have nice chrome 17's its a different story when there is less of a gap..ah well i like it the way it is, i come very close to scraping my front bumper on most driveways, etc.. and im not in any way trying to make my GM car look like a ricer
Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyph3wl View Post
funny how no one said anything before with my stock 16" wheels "it needed a drop" but seeing as how i have nice chrome 17's its a different story when there is less of a gap..ah well i like it the way it is, i come very close to scraping my front bumper on most driveways, etc.. and im not in any way trying to make my GM car look like a ricer

its because of the aftermarket wheels. if its stock, we know what stock looks like.

no-one says lower a stock car. its when you start changing the appearance, that it becomes very noticeable. that's why you keep hearing it.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Whoa....first you need to research the definition of rice/ricer.

Americans were dropping muscle cars LONG before the present-day "ricer" crowd hit the scene.

Current consensus is "rice" is something that is purely cosmetic that gives the appearance of being performance but isn't. Like a hood scoop on something that has no need of it. Like a huge rear wing on a car that will never go fast enough to make use of it. Like a bunch of performance gauges in a mechanically stock car.

A simple suspension drop will clean up the look, and when done right, will actually improve handling.

That thing's not a 4x4. Nobody said anything when you had stock wheels because in that configuration, it looks like you're not planning on improving over stock. When you put nice wheels on it, you give the impression that you care about appearance, and as such, the wheel gap isn't nice looking.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Whoa....first you need to research the definition of rice/ricer.

Americans were dropping muscle cars LONG before the present-day "ricer" crowd hit the scene.

Current consensus is "rice" is something that is purely cosmetic that gives the appearance of being performance but isn't. Like a hood scoop on something that has no need of it. Like a huge rear wing on a car that will never go fast enough to make use of it. Like a bunch of performance gauges in a mechanically stock car.

A simple suspension drop will clean up the look, and when done right, will actually improve handling.

That thing's not a 4x4. Nobody said anything when you had stock wheels because in that configuration, it looks like you're not planning on improving over stock. When you put nice wheels on it, you give the impression that you care about appearance, and as such, the wheel gap isn't nice looking.

its still stupid though, I see lots of cars with better rims than mine not lowered..its all about personal preference, im not going to do as you few people say, it means nothing..and its funny how you go and type a whole essay about it LOL..all im gonna do is laugh
Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
its still stupid though, I see lots of cars with better rims than mine not lowered..its all about personal preference, im not going to do as you few people say, it means nothing..and its funny how you go and type a whole essay about it LOL..all im gonna do is laugh

that wasnt "big".....please dont get me started He's just letting you know that you dont know what ricer means....in a nice way...... He's not hating on you. He's putting about 450 horsepower down with a transmission swap from a grand prix GTP.... basically he has one of the most bad ass cars on here. Why would he hate on a stock car? well....you have rims and tinted your tails.... nothing compared to what a lot of us have put into our cars.

If you dont wanna lower it thats fine, its your decision. If you really know anything about cars or pay attention to them closely and you see a car with rims and there is a massive gap in there (on cars) it just looks dumb. My sister has a stock integra but she has 18s on it and it looks GREAT as far as wheel gap goes. But our car is jacked up pretty high on stock suspension. NOT TO MENTION the AMAZING difference in handling you will get from new struts and lowering springs.

But you stay with your stock springs.....looks....um........good?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #19
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:

It's all good, you're right about personal preference, and I'm doing the same thing, just laughing.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #20
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah those tails seem really dark, i hope you dont get rear ended. mine are a little to dark as well and ive almost been rear ended a couple times

yeah i agree with hectic, get rid of the racing stripes.

next mod for you i suggest, exhaust!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote