Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Well, for the last couple of months, my blower has only worked on the highest setting. I assumed it was the resistor, so I ordered one from autozone, put it in (what a PITA!), and the same thing happened. So I started probing around with my meter, and found that I am getting voltage to the motor at all settings. But it is 12 volts at every setting. Does anyone know if this is right? It seems to me that your voltage should vary based on the setting, UNLESS the motor interprets an electrical signal from the switch / resistor, and not the actual voltage. Hmmmm.

So I got a new motor from autozone, just to try. Picked it up today and went to put it in. Well, the connection is not right on the motor. Instead of having the female end of the plug, it has two loose male ends!! Argggghhhh! I checked the internet site, and the part number is correct (same one for Malibu and Grand Am, also). So I'm going to take it back tomorrow and just get one from GM, unless someone has another idea based on what I said above. Thanks!