Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
quick altenator question

ok, long story, but i'll try to keep it short (ok maybe not). I'm on my way home last night, (about 10pm) then my seatbelt light comes on, but I have my belt on. Then my abs light comes on too, and im thinkin what the hell. More and more stuff starts acting up then my radio dies, and my lights turn off... right then I know something's really wrong. At this point the car is still running alright but I start to look for a gas station to pull over at, but theres a highschool football game ending and traffic is stopped. I get through that and my gauges start turning on and off and reading rediculous stuff, then my car starts sputtering so I turn down a side street and cut it off.
At about 12:00 AAA comes with a tow truck (not a flatbed, the other kind) and the guy tries to jump the car for me and it doesn't work. He says he's calling a flatbed to come since theres no way a kitted car is gonna work rolling on 2 wheels behind the truck. About 2 hours later at about 2 a guy comes with a flat bed. Right when he gets there, I tell him that if I close my door, it's not gonna pop open again (shaved handles) when there's no battery. I pop the hood so he can jump the battery to open the doors when we get it home. he hooks it up and pulls it on to the truck (while i'm inside) then when its up there he tells me to get out, and i'm like shut the door? and hes like yeah so I come out. 2 minutes later he's like ok, go put it in park now. wtf you just told me to close the door. oh well

Sorry for makin this so long but it pissed me off, to make a long story short, when I get home and he's guiding me off the truck, I scratch one of my rims (he guided me into the edge of the bed) then says "well it's your rim" then he scrapes up the bottom of my kit trying to get it off of the bed and puts a dent in the bottom of my left muffler and says "that's what happens when you have a car this low." so yeah, I was pretty pissed off at the guy (and that it was 2:30 in the morning and I had a dead car)

pointless story because I can't do anything about it? I guess, but yeah.
now I need an altenator

Worst case scenario (I hope), I need a new altenator, anybody have an idea on the price?

Last edited by AJules : 09-22-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added the story
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote