Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
zoomie
GX Member

zoomie is on a distinguished road
Creaky front end

Creaky front end
I’ve had my alreo for about 4 months. It was at a used car lot and I did a pretty detailed test drive and everything seemed fine. The brakes were shot but I knew he was going to replace them and it was a pretty good deal so I bought it. It had 22k miles on it and he put new pads and rotors on the front.
After about 6 weeks later I started hearing this creaking sound during low speed driving. It’s probably there on the highway to but I can’t hear it at that speed. It happens when I’m going over bumps and it sounds like my old f150 when it needed a grease job. I don’t think the Alero has any grease fittings.
When I had the car in the air I looked at the struts and saw oil dripping from the top. I called the dealer to complain about bad struts and they mechanic said there is nothing mechanically wrong with the struts but they all have that creaky noise so his deal is to pour trany fluid down the top of the shock tower to stop the noise. He said I should to that every oil change.
1. Has anyone heard of this?
2. If I wanted to really fix this do you think I could change the parts at the top of the strut?