Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Vinman
GL Member

Vinman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vinman Send a message via Yahoo to Vinman
Stock stereo

HI all...I know I'm probably gonna hear something for this but anyways...I've got my stock head unit which i plan on keeping for a while until it actually dies...its the tape/cd player with the tone selection (jazz, concert, manual...etc..). My problem is I can only hear the rear speakers very well...not so much with the door speakers. I just replaced the 4x6's and the 6x9's with second from the base model pioneers... My stereo is super clear now, but i would like to hear the music from around as opposed to behind; and when I replaced the door speakers, on the driver's side, when I was splicing the new speaker into the old wire I accidentally cut what looks like a small resistor that is in the wire that connects the tweeter and the door speaker...Is that important? Could that be the reason I can't hear my doors ( they do work, I can feel the speaker covers vibrate with the volume low )..If so why does it effect both doors when I only "cut off one resistor"...Also, if any of you guys/gals still have their stock head unit I would gladly take one of the knobs for the bass/treb or fade/balance off your hands.. Thanks all
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote