Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
BlackJack runs 14.5@96mph on 5 cylinders :(

back to the drawing board. Went to the strip last night. Rolled up for the first run, performed a nice burnout for the pre-stage and blew the #6 plug without knowing it until after I finished the run, and I ripped out a 14.5@96 1/4 mile on 5 cylinders, nothing stripped out of the car, and including the spare/jack. (See non-impressive video of pre-stage and shaking camera during the run against an SS Camaro)

The car was limping when I pulled off the end of the track to get my slip. I didn't have any spare plugs on hand or I could have tweaked it out and continued.
Luckily I wasn't running full boost until I got the feel of it or I could have done a lot more damage.

Guess there's next time. I think the culprit was being tuned at 4700ft elevation and racing at 1,000ft lower causing it to be a bit lean. I added a little more fueling when I got to the track, guess it wasn't enough. She still runs like a champ though, I scoped the cyl and no apparent damage.

Transmission didn't even flinch, though I know I wasn't able to put full power to it. But the tires grabbed like mad.

Next TNT isn't till Fri May 2.
Video - screwing around in the staging lanes showing I'm legal for the challenge, then the (shaky camera) run.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote