Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
My new To-Do list...

Okay! Went to my mech yesterday to put my winter tires on and check a few things. Results :

-Front Bushings are almost completly out of position

-Rear Bushings are shot, but can wait

-I'm leaking oil now from what looks to be the valve cover gasket

-We tested some of my sensors to see if there was one shot that could explain why my car dies on me sometimes. Or why the RPM stick to a certain revolution even if the butterfly and throttle cable work perfectly. I think my IAC is going bad, because this is what regulate the idle, and my mech told me this could be the cause of my car stuck at 5000 rpm without my foot on the gas that last time I went to the track.

-Also, car was at idle, we were both over the engine bay, my mech touched the TPS wires (and those wires only), and the car REV!!!! Both of us looked at each other like that

Luckily he has that big scanner thing that can see all, and I say ALL damn sensor value on the car lol. And all seemed normal besides some TPS values. We took it for a drive and all was fine on the values with load on the engine. Our guess is that the IAC sometimes gets stuck open. Also I could have bad connection to my TPS.

For my valve cover gasket, I'm guessing they didnt like boost very much. What type of gasket should I use? Any brand I should look at? Where to buy?

As for the gasket, I know I should just go with polyurethan ones, but where to buy? and also is there a big difference in price VS stock ones?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote