Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
adl
GX Member

adl is on a distinguished road
Replacing the stock head unit in a 2003 sedan alero

Hello all, I have a 2003 sedan alero. I recently bought a http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9884 (Alpine aftermarket head unit).

I bought it at a bestbuy and I checked on the website before buying it and it said that it will fit my car. I looked on crutchfield and it said it doesn't fit my car? Any suggestions on who is right and if it doesn't fit my car what is a good headunit at bestbuy that I can get for about 200 bucks?

Anyways, say the alpine headunit fits. What EXACTLY do I need to have it installed and working perfectly? I really don't know anything about aftermarket audio. I heard you need a dash install kit, wiring harness, antenna and the thing that keeps your chimes on?

Please list exactly what items I need to do this on my own and where I can find them. And also how to install an aftermarket headunit in my 2003 sedan alero.

I have a few friends who are willing to help out. If this doesn't work out I think I might just have bestbuy install it but the thing is the audio guy said that the other stuff I need to connect it to my car will be about another 50 bucks and another 50 bucks for installation. So i'm trying to save 100 bucks where I seen most of this stuff at walmart for about 30-40.

Should I just have bestbuy do it or can I save some money with your guys' help??

Thanks to anyone for any advice that you can give me, PEACE!
adl is offline   Reply With Quote