Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Robb235
GX Member

Robb235 is on a distinguished road
Best way to go about replacing a metal brake line?

Hello all. For those of you who don't know me and didn't read my introductory thread, I bought a 2001 Alero GLS that was hit in the front. On my days off from work (I'm a full time college student and work part time at AutoZone) I've been rebuilding the front end of this car and it will soon replace my '95 Monte Carlo as my daily driver. I've got most of the major damage fixed, but one of the last remaining issues is the metal brake line that goes from the caliper to the ABS unit. It got smashed when the car was hit so it needs to be replaced.

My problem is, where do I find a replacement brake line? AutoZone sells brake line, however it is not pre-formed and I would have to use a tube bender and bend the metal myself (which I could see myself easily messing up). Another option would be to go to a junk yard and get the brake line. However, taking these lines off will be difficult due to the fact that they seem to be rusted on there pretty good. I've yet to break loose the brake line from the ABS unit on my current project car because it seems to be corroded on there. If anyone has any good suggestions as to the best way to replace this brake line I'd be glad to hear it.
Robb235 is offline   Reply With Quote