Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
O2RubyRedGLS
GX Member

O2RubyRedGLS is on a distinguished road
Headlight question

I purchased a 2002 Alero GLS about 3 months ago. I like the gas mileage, but miss the power and comfort of my old car (1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi).

Anyway, I have a nagging problem with the Alero. When I first bought it, I bought it during the day time, but of course made sure the headlights (low and high low beams) worked. The problem is after dark, when hitting a bump or at high interstate speeds the headlights bounce. It is a bounce not a flicker like a electrical problem. I noticed it was worse with the passenger side headlight so I purchased a new headlight, installed it correctly, but still have the bounce. I noticed in the old headlight there was a lot of movement inside the housing were the bulbs twist in. The new headlight has some movement inside, in the same place, but not near as bad as the old light. I have since purchased new driver side headlight, still have the bounce from both.

Has anyone had this problem? Its really annoying at night especially since the roads are falling apart everywhere. I cannot find anywhere on the mounting bracket that is loose, the bolts seem tight and I don't see any cracks or breaks in the bracket. The headlights don't have any up, down or side to side play when mounted to the bracket. The bumper cover isn't loose either. I should add that the car is prior salvage title. It has been wrecked. I bought it directly from the rebuilder. He told me the car was ditched. He said he put on a used bumper cover, used hood, used driver side fender and that was it. There was no headlight or header panel damage. I'm really at wits in with this.

Also, instead of opening another thread, the set, resume and cancel buttons on the right side light up at night, but on the left side only the orange light lights up when cruise is engaged. Is nothing else suppose to light up on this side at night? Looks odd that one side the letters are glowing green, but not on the other side.
O2RubyRedGLS is offline   Reply With Quote