Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Lovestheh20

alright, so this hasnt been an issue for more than a few weeks and it just came to my attention that this might be more than a bad alignment (even though I had the poop taken care of late this summer) My car will pull to the right....then a little while later, its pulling to the left!!!! sounds like bad rack and pinion, but I know nothing about that kinda stuff. and this is in the city w/ no winds.

my alero is falling apart...why???? I miss my jeep.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
alerochick242

My rack went bad about a month or two ago- had about 59,000 miles on it. It was feeling "loose" and also felt out of alignment. I would go to get the car aligned and they would be like "we didn't have to adjust anything- you car was still within tolerances." I don't know how much something like that costs, but I was still under warranty (for like 200 more miles), so the dealership replaced the entire rack. I did notice that the rack was leaking. Is yours leaking?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
Lovestheh20

I don't see any leaks. I've found recently that one of my break pads seized up on me - could have been causing the pull? I still have an alignment problem though. I am just gonna have to get it aligned and see what they say first, since that would be the cheaper of the two repairs.